Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chris Fischer of Spyro Gyra

Went to see Spyro Gyra play last Friday night in Newport Beach and it was an awesome concert. Kudos to Chris Fischer who excelled on keyboards. Check out his impressive bio.
https://spyrogyra.com/band-bios/

Here are some close-ups of his rig and you’ll notice that he’s using a Yamaha motif XS7, a Juno, and a Roland XV2020 (jammed in the stand under the Juno). Just goes to show that you don’t need the latest and the greatest to sound amazing!

IMG_1787.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg

• Like 3

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Thank you, HammondDave, for the rig pics.  To my eyes, the bottom tiered keyboard looks to be a Yamaha MOXF8.

• Like 1

Ludwig van Beethoven:  “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”

My Rig: Yamaha MOXF8 (used mostly for acoustic piano voices); Motion Sound KP-612SX & SL-512;  Apple iPad Pro (5th Gen, M1 chip);  Apple MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Max chip).

51 minutes ago, AROIOS said:

Didn't even notice Tom Schuman leaving the group but I'm already digging this Chris guy:

I love it!  Hysterical. 

• Cool 1
  • Love 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Thanks for the kind words HammondDave! Our manager directed me to this mention. What you can't see in a rack leaning against the stand is my secret weapon of choice, a rack version of a Yamaha CS6X, which carries the brunt of the warm analog synth brass and lead patches necessary for the Spyro gig. Motifs alone sound thin and corny for those sadly... I don't even check it as baggage. I roll it around the airport like a newborn Lol! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, D. Gauss said:

I've known the guitar player, Julio since the 80's. Great, super nice guy, great player, and have had the great pleasure to make music with him.

He was great too!  Everyone in that band is. They performed one of his songs and it was the most beautiful song of the evening. 

On 7/1/2024 at 12:30 PM, ChrisFischer said:

Thanks for the kind words HammondDave! Our manager directed me to this mention. What you can't see in a rack leaning against the stand is my secret weapon of choice, a rack version of a Yamaha CS6X, which carries the brunt of the warm analog synth brass and lead patches necessary for the Spyro gig. Motifs alone sound thin and corny for those sadly... I don't even check it as baggage. I roll it around the airport like a newborn Lol! 

A huge welcome to you Chris!

On 6/30/2024 at 9:11 PM, D. Gauss said:

I've known the guitar player, Julio since the 80's. Great, super nice guy, great player, and have had the great pleasure to make music with him.

I did many gigs with Jules at the old Metropolitan Café on the east side of Manhattan. The band was "Suga Jones." Nice to see you here Chris! Hope we cross paths before the end of the year when it's over for AWB!

On 6/30/2024 at 7:30 PM, ChrisFischer said:

It's a pleasure,  Chris.  It was also great meeting you briefly after the gig as you walked off the stage.  What a great show that was between you cats and Lee's band!  Thank you for bringing joy to my partner and me.