Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eclipse Festival

So I'm at this wacky festival in Texas, a mix of things, saw one duo yesterday, really enjoyed it, called The Floozies. Very funky, super aggressive keyboard driving bass lines.  

Seems like most of the music is EDM, and it's goes all night, thankfully I have noise canceling headphones 😁.  Tomorrow night Vulfpeck will be playing. Out of the 400 artists lineup, they are the only one I recognize. 

The festival attendees... boy oh boy oh boy.  I guess in line with the theme of the festival, I've never seen so many moons.

As for the eclipse itself, the forecast is not looking good, DANG!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Is that the one outside Austin? We were going to go. Now I'm glad we didn't! Though my son is a certified Vulfpeck fan, so he'd have liked that part of it. 

Good luck and I hope it clears up for you.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Yes, outside Austin.  The festival was canceled this morning due to the possibility of thunderstorms and lightning. So we got out of there, and began to chase patches of blue sky.  Found a spot, the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls TX 😁  

Getting some good views!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

9 minutes ago, TommyRude said:

Yes, outside Austin.  The festival was canceled this morning due to the possibility of thunderstorms and lightning. So we got out of there, and began to chase patches of blue sky.  Found a spot, the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls TX 😁  

Getting some good views!

Wow. Not happy to hear that it was a clusterF for you, but very glad I didn't drag the kids there, miss these two days of school, just to lie awake all night and then have the eclipse day cancelled. It was fate...

www.joshweinstein.com

We got clouds here, but it got really dark. It was freaky. All of upstate new york was in the path. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

1 hour ago, TommyRude said:

SCORED!  The clouds parted at the perfect moment.  MIND BOGGLING!  Highly recommend! 👍😁

Nice! The one we watched in 2017 was life-changing. Congrats. 

www.joshweinstein.com

3 hours ago, TommyRude said:

SCORED!  The clouds parted at the perfect moment.  MIND BOGGLING!  Highly recommend! 👍😁

Nice! We were in the path of totality on the 2017 eclipse, it really was an amazing experience.

I sat this one out, but I did notice that, in the intro to their live radio coverage of the event. NPR used Genesis' Watcher of the Skies as backing music, definitely won points from me for that!

• Like 2

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Totality and almost perfectly sunny skies in Central Vermont. There was about a 5% chance of us having weather like this, and we got it.

This eclipse has changed my life: now, I just need to figure out how.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

1 hour ago, Adan said:

This eclipse has changed my life: now, I just need to figure out how.

You learned some new-to-you Moon or Sun songs, right?!  How was the gig?

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

1 hour ago, Old No7 said:

You learned some new-to-you Moon or Sun songs, right?!  How was the gig?

Old No7

Sunday night hotel gig was fine, but didn't feel all that different than a normal solo gig.

Today though, we had a neighborhood block party of about 50 people, so I brought my battery-powered rig of Roland Go:Piano into Roland KC-220 and reprised the eclipse songs in the hour leading up to the event. Not a great sounding rig, but was able to spontaneously set it up within a few minutes of getting the notion to do so.

1 hour ago, JoJoB3 said:

We'd like to thank eclipses for supporting live music.

Right, because watching the Moon cross paths with the Sun should make us reflect on how significant we humans are in the grand scheme of things. 😆