Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What happened to the Brad Mehldau thread?

I don’t know. I didn’t follow its later stages.  I thought it had some interest posts and it was a decent interview. 

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

16 minutes ago, TommyRude said:

Did I miss something?  Did it go sideways and get banned?

I don't think it wasn't it own thread it was part of the thread on Generations of Jazz pianists.    Do a search for Mehldau and you will find all the posts. 

50 minutes ago, Docbop said:

I don't think it wasn't it own thread it was part of the thread on Generations of Jazz pianists. 

It was a standalone alone thread with Beato interviewing Mehldau.  The posts went all over the place. 

I don't recall seeing any particular post that would have gotten the thread nuked.  Maybe the OP deleted the thread or requested it.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

"What happened to the Brad Mehldau thread?"   You mean the Rick Beato thread?

I'm surprised anybody noticed, as my intent was to create a thread on Mehldau, but it immediately turned into a thread on Rick Beato, which was not my intention, hence the deletion.   Someone else can create that thread.  (I do admit guilt for lazily using Beato's YouTube title, which some felt was too egregious to allow stand).

If there is anyone who feels their contribution on Brad were unceremoniously nuked to their detriment, please let Dave Bryce know and I will support the thread's reinstatement (if possible).  

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I'm contributing to a thread about the deletion of a thread about an interview of a musician. 

Where, exactly, did my life go so off the rails?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

7 minutes ago, Adan said:

Where, exactly, did my life go so off the rails?

I'm asking that myself!   Hitler?  Niacin?     I'm going to have to watch my mail.

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

20 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Are threads always delete-able by the original poster? 

Yes.  Tommy was on top of it and caught it within 2 days.  I’ve asked him to take a note and deploy a script so everyone knows immediately henceforth. 

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I’m enjoying the Beato/Mehldau interview, taking it in chunks (short attention span).

The topic got me listening to more of his music, really great.  More and more he appears to be using these mid range repetitive ostinato drumlike patterns, love it.  The Beatle covers are amazing.

Yeah.. too bad the thread got deleted.  I skipped over most of the diversions, there was some good dialog on the music.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

14 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Are threads always delete-able by the original poster? 

Not always.  There's a time limit.  I forget exactly how long...

Same thing with posts, if memory serves.  They can only be edited for so long.

dB

• Thanks 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I’ll step up and defend the person who created the thread and then deleted it when it went haywire. I deleted a thread I posted reviewing the Roland Aira Compact series. It was a short review of each of the 4 units, how they interconnect, and how the audio, MIDI and power interface is much improved over the Boutique series. I was shocked to see that the first and only reply at the time was someone that seemed really mad that I had purchased them and wrote about them. I don’t know if he was mad that I was flaunting my financial ability to buy $200 hardware synths, or just a Roland hater. Either way, I decided to just delete the thread before anyone else posted.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page