Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody following these guys? Brilliant stuff ...

11 hours ago, nursers said:

Add me to the list as a longer-term fan. Would love to see them live. As an aside, Rai is one of the nicest guys you'll meet. One of the best hours in conversation I've ever spent, was with him :thu: 

His niceness and idealism comes through even to people like me who've never had the privilege to have met him. Caught my son and daughter giddily singing "Man oh Man" at each other the other day. I didn't want to mention I was a fan. Would have ruined the moment. 😃

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Tusker said:

His niceness and idealism comes through even to people like me who've never had the privilege to have met him. Caught my son and daughter giddily singing "Man oh Man" at each other the other day. I didn't want to mention I was a fan. Would have ruined the moment. 😃

I love that song so much! I may have gushed a little too much on that song in my interview with him.

For those that haven't heard it:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Didn't know about Rai until right now.  This is a real Keyboard Corner moment . . . the reason I hang out here!

• Like 5

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

3 hours ago, nursers said:

I love that song so much! I may have gushed a little too much on that song in my interview with him.

For those that haven't heard it:

I am an instant fan. As someone going through a lot of stuff right now (aren't we all in different ways?), that song just hit me quite powerfully. I didn't expect to be crying at an upbeat song at the start of my workday today.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've always loved this for the funky Tim Levebre bass line. I love the line and his overall style.

And I love this for the subject matter. The corn dog bullet sash kills me.

• Like 4

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

6 hours ago, BluMunk said:

I am an instant fan. As someone going through a lot of stuff right now (aren't we all in different ways?), that song just hit me quite powerfully. I didn't expect to be crying at an upbeat song at the start of my workday today.

Glad you liked it and yeah I first heard / saw it during COVID (I think he recorded it during that period as well) and had a similar reaction :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobadohshe said:

I've always loved this for the funky Tim Levebre bass line. I love the line and his overall style.

Ok, both of those tracks are thrilling. I'm retracting my initial "cool, but a pass for me" take and revising it to: "100% worth digging into for more, but be ready for things I love, and also things I have zero interest in".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nursers said:

Ha Ha! I love it too! I was in that post pandemic funk too and it was light in a dark room. 

• Love 1

I do periodic deep listening dives on everything Louis Cole/Knower and associated players. Below is an interview of Louis by Jack Conte and Ryan Lerman of Scary Pockets. I found it enlightening to hear about Louis’ development as a drummer and him talking about his top drummers. He talks about getting better with a metronome in college by walking around with a metronome and sleeping with a metronome under his pillow!
As a big fan, I agree with the sentiment that I have to be in the right mood but I can and have listened to his stuff again and again. I definitely appreciate other perspectives here. The messages Knower/Cole/Clown Car/etc transmit to me as a musician are 1) be yourself 2) work hard at your craft to have something to add to the world 3) associate with top notch musicians 4) keep a sense of humor 5) music that doesn’t “please” can be very moving (more specifically in relation to Clown Core)

Here is the interview for those wanting to get a more personal look at Louis: (unfortunately labeled as a “reaction video “ but not really…)

Chris

Main gear: Yamaha C7, Kronos 2 88, Moog Sub 37, CK61,  Kurzweil PC2x, Pearl epro, Mac/Logic/AUs