Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just Released! New Hammond M Solo thread!

Out of the blue Hammond released a new thread about its M Solo organ/synth board. This one offers a color upgrade but preserves the hyphen from one the previous releases. I can see this new thread being useful for anyone who liked the old threads but wanted a more exciting subject line or a pop of color in the description. What do you guys think?

• Confused 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 3

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

You didn't mention that the new thread adds a zero onto the price tag,. Now potential buyers' heads can explode in 1/10th the time of the previous model.

Irrelevant for me, as I will keep using my 1979 Korg CX-3 previously owned by a chain-smoking elephant.

• Haha 4

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

54 minutes ago, MathOfInsects said:

Out of the blue Hammond released a new thread about its M Solo organ/synth board. This one offers a color upgrade but preserves the hyphen from one the previous releases. I can see this new thread being useful for anyone who liked the old threads but wanted a more exciting subject line or a pop of color in the description. What do you guys think?

Any videos or pics of the blue one? 

• Haha 2

It's a tough market. Key competitors are "Hammond MSolo", "Hammond M-Solo" and "Surprise from Hammond! New M-Solo". This one's shorter, which will annoy purists who want long arguments about drawbar settings. On the other hand, I guess it's easier to read on a smartphone on public transport outside the US, like the NY subway. 

And I think they've missed a trick. Yes there's a hyphen, but who needs two exclamation marks in a Hammond thread these days? Plus, this is clearly intended to pair with an amplification thread (that almost always includes a mono/stereo discussion). So how about some keyboard stand topics? Hammond thread + keyboard stand thread would be a winner imho.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

My thread was first (posted literally seconds after the page went live) and had copied excerpts from the official page, as well as an embedded YouTube video. It was as good as you like. 

But then someone went and Behringered my thread. Now I can’t afford to feed my kids. Thanks, everyone. As the old saying goes: 

“Nadroj - everything else is just a clone.”

Anyways, my Nord Stage 4 thread is still going strong. And the other ones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

7 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

What do you guys think?

I don't think it's bitimbral with floating split points.😁😎

• Haha 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

15 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

oh great, a new colour, H-S as done by Korg’s marketing team🤦🏻

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

50 minutes ago, Artomas said:

Which of these threads has the highest trigger point? Also, which has the best rotary effect? When the thread is spinning around in circles, I want the arguments to sound like they're coming out of a REAL Leslie.

If you want the sound of a real Leslie thread, get a real Leslie thread.

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 1

I've been up and down this thread a dozen times, I can't find it, where's the harpsichord post?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, ProfD said:

I don't think it's bitimbral with floating split points.😁😎

It's not.  It's monotimbral, upper manual only.   I was hoping it would be more like a 49-key version of an SK1 or an XK-1c but it's just not.  Disappointing.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, MathOfInsects said:

My Meemaw never liked threads.  If she saw one on your sweater she’d make you fetch the scissors.   “Oh, you have a thread! Don’t you pull it! You’ll only make it worse!” 

• Haha 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

It sounds like people are trying to thread the needle...

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 2/4/2024 at 8:42 PM, ElmerJFudd said:

My Meemaw never liked threads.

That must have been interesting back in the 1970s when clothes were called threads.😁😎

• Haha 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

51 minutes ago, ProfD said:

That must have been interesting back in the 1970s when clothes were called threads.😁😎

LOL - she went through a lot.  the depression, the greatest war.  but she never burned her bra or joined one of those nudist colonies! 

• Haha 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

8 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

LOL - she went through a lot.  the depression, the greatest war.  but she never burned her bra or joined one of those nudist colonies! 

That's funny, because my own gramma always wanted to join a nudist colony. She said it's the way God made us.

• Haha 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager