Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Greatest food combo ever?

10 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Soup and fresh baked bread, especially New England Clam Chowder and sour dough bread.

If you're ever in southern California, I recommend The Original Fish Company in Los Alamitos. I grew up in New England and summered on Cape Cod, and this California restaurant - which isn't even on the coast - has the best clam chowder I have ever had anywhere. You can order it in a sourdough bread bowl, but I prefer to get the warm, crusty sourdough loaf to slather with butter on the side.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2023 at 9:28 AM, o0Ampy0o said:

Soup and fresh baked bread, especially New England Clam Chowder and sour dough bread.

Your choice of food combo is absolutely spot-on! There's something magical about the pairing of rich, creamy New England Clam Chowder. It's a culinary match made in heaven, delivering comfort and flavor with each spoonful and bite.

An unapologetically massive cheeseburger topped with a lecithin capsule speared by a toothpick. Maybe two. You need emulsifiers when you eat a fat bomb.

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Chicken and dumplings. Not those thick balls of dough northerners call dumplings. I'm talking southern slicks. The thinner the better.

Biscuits and gravy. My dad made the best. Got to brown that rue and get some flavor before adding the milk.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

On 12/14/2023 at 1:35 AM, WadeMills said:

Your choice of food combo is absolutely spot-on! There's something magical about the pairing of rich, creamy New England Clam Chowder. It's a culinary match made in heaven, delivering comfort and flavor with each spoonful and bite.

If you're on the hunt for a similar delightful dining experience closer to home, you might want to explore restaurant füssen. I had the pleasure of dining at this nice European cuisine spot in Germany, and it left a lasting impression. Who knows, you might discover a gem in your area that offers a similar blend of flavors and ambiance.

• 4 weeks later...

When it comes to the greatest food combo ever, I'd have to agree with you on PB & J. The combination of creamy peanut butter and sweet, fruity jam is simply unbeatable. It's a classic for a reason – the flavors complement each other perfectly.And while we're talking about combining flavors, have you ever considered adding a twist to your culinary creations with organic mushroom powder? It can add a unique and savory depth to various dishes. If you're feeling adventurous, you might want to experiment with PB & J sandwiches enhanced by the umami richness of such mushroom powder.

• 5 weeks later...