Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha to release two brand new products real soon...

If you have a Yamaha online account, in your My Preferences, if you enabled Yamaha to send you information regarding latest news and products you will get an email on the day of announcement about the new products. A heads-up for all members. PS: I have no idea what Yamaha is about to announce. Should be interesting, though, I would think. 

hqzLgh.jpg

hmm... Given that the new Montage will have the AN-X virtual analog engine, will Yamaha finally release a dedicated synth having just this new engine as a lower priced dedicated machine alternative to the Montage X?

I'd assume since Yamaha also makes guitars, saxophones, flutes, drums and so many other instruments this could potentially be anything!

• Like 1

Catch me on YouTube for 200 IQ piano covers, musical trivia quizzes, tutorials, reviews and other fun stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/p1anoyc

The interlocking rectangle design matches a registered Yamaha trademark: 

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018843051

Four letters are associated with the mark: "FGDP". The trademark is registered in the EU and is number 018843051.

Yamaha just spent a bunch of effort scrubbing certain names from its web sites: GENOS2, Montage M6, Montage M7, Montage M8X, P-525 and -- wait for it -- FGDP-30 and FGDP-50.

Maybe this is a Europe-only release? I can't find an equivalent USA trademark...

Once again, Yamaha only wants us to get excited when its controlling management commands us to be excited. 🤐

-- pj

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping they are adding a Rackett and a Serpent to their baroque instrument family.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

1 hour ago, davinwv said:

Could the GDP in FGDP stand for Grand Digital Piano? But what about the F?

Flabby Grand Digital Piano?

• Haha 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

This is fun, but if you look at the whole email, which starts, “drumroll please,” and ends with pictures of percussion equipment, you might infer that the announcement is more about drums than keyboards.

CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

2 hours ago, Coker said:

This is fun, but if you look at the whole email, which starts, “drumroll please,” and ends with pictures of percussion equipment, you might infer that the announcement is more about drums than keyboards.

Frickin' Good Drum Pad?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

24 minutes ago, Chummy said:

How would a genos 2 improve upon a genos 1, hypothetically? I have no experience with genos myself but it'd seem from reviews and videos that thing already has it all :D 

Most often they have their most recent sound sets, which do improve over generations. Especially in realism of acoustic instruments. And they add style sets for more modern backing track trends. These arrangers are great for solo performers and song writers that need fast arrangements to pitch ideas.  They are also popular with hobbyists who enjoy the accompaniment features as they focus on playing melodies to favorite songs. 

4 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Most often they have their most recent sound sets, which do improve over generations. Especially in realism of acoustic instruments. And they add style sets for more modern backing track trends. These arrangers are great for solo performers and song writers that need fast arrangements to pitch ideas.  They are also popular with hobbyists who enjoy the accompaniment features as they focus on playing melodies to favorite songs. 

Yeah to me Genos sounds like lots of fun but maybe a bit Cheesy... now I'm not from the US so locally there are plenty of these "Korg PA" style players with rhythms etc. but IDK to me it still feels cheesy especially as a solo performer having all the "band" coming out of the speakers of 1 board being alone on stage LOL.

Catch me on YouTube for 200 IQ piano covers, musical trivia quizzes, tutorials, reviews and other fun stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/p1anoyc

38 minutes ago, Chummy said:

Yeah to me Genos sounds like lots of fun but maybe a bit Cheesy... now I'm not from the US so locally there are plenty of these "Korg PA" style players with rhythms etc. but IDK to me it still feels cheesy especially as a solo performer having all the "band" coming out of the speakers of 1 board being alone on stage LOL.

The western players' "cheese" factor (warranted or not, but definitely exists) may be one of the main reasons arrangers don't present sales numbers in the US as well as they do in Asia.  But I can definitely see having access to their newest and most capable sound sets and patterns being a desirable aid for song writers/demo makers.  Of course, all hardware competes with software that does similar...

https://www.pgmusic.com/