Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music on the porch...

If you happen to go white water rafting in SE Kentucky and see a hillbilly sitting on the porch playing banjo electronic drums, stop and say hello.

IMG_2246.thumb.JPG.859f2b9874927cf375fc9956017afc87.JPG

Does anyone else like playing music on the porch? By the way, I do have a banjo but I have never tuned it up and have not yet learned to play it. I used to sit in the glider and play guitar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

4 hours ago, RABid said:

If you happen to go white water rafting in SE Kentucky and see a hillbilly sitting on the porch playing banjo electronic drums, stop and say hello.

I'm going to assume that's an invitation! Let's get together sometime.

4 hours ago, RABid said:

Does anyone else like playing music on the porch? By the way, I do have a banjo but I have never tuned it up and have not yet learned to play it. I used to sit in the glider and play guitar.

I don't have a porch, but sometimes I take my guitar out to the veranda.

Is that an Alesis MultiPad Pro? I just picked one up recently and have a kick pedal and hi-hat pedal working with it.

And wouldn't you know it, no sooner than I received the Alesis, a local drum instructor nearby was selling a Roland TD-9 kit for next to nothing.
Now I have both set up beside each other.

I also recently acquired a Roland Jupiter-Xm (which is battery powered AND has built in speakers). I am planning on christening it on my next camping trip!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer porch music done with acoustic instruments. However, I would make an exception if the bass player was named Clyde, and played electric bass with great finesse and grace (and prioritized music gear over footwear).

For digital keyboard technology I would go with a banjo sample and an acoustic bass sample (to set up in a split) if Clyde couldn’t make the gig. 

One day I plan to drag my gear (KBs, PA system and drums) out into my carport and have my band play for the neighborhood. 

The idea 1st came to mind during the pandemic.  Anytime now would be perfect for sharing my gift of music with the neighbors.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

One day I plan to drag my gear (KBs, PA system and drums) out into my carport and have my band play for the neighborhood. 

The idea 1st came to mind during the pandemic.  Anytime now would be perfect for sharing my gift of music with the neighbors.😎

You should organize a block party.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

During COVID, when we were out of work, we set up in our screened in porch and serenaded the neighbors.

We warned them all, told them if we were playing at an inconvenient time, even if they just wanted to take a nap, just call us. They all said it was no problem, and most of them said they enjoy it.

We kept the volume down to about the level of a lawn tractor (80dba), played only an hour in the mid-afternoon, and some neighbors brought lawn chairs and enjoyed it.

I guess that really doesn't count, but it was on a porch.

Notes ♫

• Like 1

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

14 hours ago, RABid said:

You should organize a block party.

I'm considering that as well although it means extra work (food and music).😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 6:18 AM, RABid said:

IMG_2246.thumb.JPG.859f2b9874927cf375fc9956017afc87.JPG

I am sure there's a lot of us who like to do it in the porch specially in a warm summer.