Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ordered a Crumar Mojo Suitcase, anybody got one??

just sold my Hammond XK-1C last week and made a profit on it after 8 years, i never really connected with the Keybed or sound if I’m honest, it never blew me away…

Now I’m beginning to panic after ordering my new Crumar Mojo suitcase, I’m hearing about lots of poor “quality control” issues and failures on some of their organs (the Suitcase, Classic and Mojo 61) 🤬😵‍💫 thinking about cancelling my order with Thomann in Germany 🇩🇪 (I’m in the UK 🇬🇧) or maybe just waiting till it arrives in 4 weeks time to try it out and take the risk, any issues and it’ll be sent back obviously😔

yes I’m overthinking this (it’s what I do) but come on Crumar! What are you playing at???! 🤷🏻‍♂️why so many problems… whose building these things?? please comment if you’ve had or you haven’t had problems and if you own a Crumar Mojo 🤭😩

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

Korg Kronos 2 88 Gold Edition

Yamaha Montage 8 White Edition

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Quiklok, Gibraltar & K&M Stands

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

Yes, I own one of these.  My teardown instructions are documented here, should you need them:

Crumar Mojo Classic/Suitcase Tips and Tricks

My only issue has been a weak design for the lid -- nothing mechanical or electrical.  Please see my PM to you for detailed info.

If you plan to gig with it and/or move it about a lot, I don't personally feel the lid is adequately robust for that; get the wheeled trolley bag for it. :thu:

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

48 minutes ago, MusoWayneUK said:

I’m beginning to panic after ordering my new Crumar Mojo suitcase, I’m hearing about lots of poor “quality control” issues and failures on some of their organs (the Suitcase, Classic and Mojo 61) 

curious where you "here about these things" as you didn't elaborate on that.

Personally, I have nothing but good things to say about Crumar/GSI.  I did own a Mojo classic dual manual for a while, sold it a few years back as it was surplus to needs.

Excellent customer service should you need to contact them about anything.

Hope this helps. As always, YMMV.

• Like 2
:nopity:

I can’t believe you ordered one and are now freaking out about it. The good people at Crumar stand by their products. I saw this same post on the Crumar Facebook group page and many members assured you of  Crumar’s quality instruments and customer support. But obviously you are stressing out about this. Just don’t take delivery if this stresses you out so much. 

• Like 2

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

1 hour ago, Brad Kaenel said:

Yes, I own one of these.  My teardown instructions are documented here, should you need them:

Crumar Mojo Classic/Suitcase Tips and Tricks

My only issue has been a weak design for the lid -- nothing mechanical or electrical.  Please see my PM to you for detailed info.

If you plan to gig with it and/or move it about a lot, I don't personally feel the lid is adequately robust for that; get the wheeled trolley bag for it. :thu:

Hi Brad. I’ve messaged you :)

I have ordered all of this and yep, trolley bag etc are on their way (see image attached) 

IMG_0585.jpeg

Korg Kronos 2 88 Gold Edition

Yamaha Montage 8 White Edition

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Quiklok, Gibraltar & K&M Stands

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

I remember back in the seventies when Crumar had their string machine keyboard, which they created in an attempt to cash in on the ARP String Ensemble and ELKA Rhapsody String Synthesisers. Cheesy keyboard, but it sure did create some good sounds!

i have a Mojo 61 and a Gemini module, the only issue I’m aware of is with the wifi connection which has been unreliable for more than a few of us

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

6 hours ago, IMMusicRulz said:

I remember back in the seventies when Crumar had their string machine keyboard, which they created in an attempt to cash in on the ARP String Ensemble and ELKA Rhapsody String Synthesisers. Cheesy keyboard, but it sure did create some good sounds!

Yup, got one of those Crumar Performer string/brass machines back in the days to replace my dead Elka Rhapsody. 
But they have nothing with today’s Crumar brand in common, the new Crumar have just adopted the old factorys name - except todays GSI/Crumar have re-released the old Performer as an plugin.

• Like 2
/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

I have the Mojo XT, which was the upgrade to the original dual-manual prior to the release of the Classic.

I remember hearing some of those same rumors about unreliability and any number of issues and gripes people had with the Crumar clones, but that was alongside a ton of people singing the Mojo’s praises. I got a good deal on one so I went for it, knowing none of the other clones were in my price range at the time.

I’m happy to say that since 2019 I’ve used it as the core of my rig on dozens of gigs without issue. Sometimes the output is a little noisy depending on the power. That’s the extent of it. No crashes, no problems powering it up, nothing. I absolutely adore it. So, long may yours run!

• Like 2

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've owned 3 Crumar keyboards.  2 of them have had no problems, the other was plagued with problems.  So there you go, at 67% probability of being problem free.

But seriously, and my own experience notwithstanding, I wouldn't avoid Crumar just because of these concerns.  I think you get a lot of bang for the buck with Crumar, so even if there is a statistically higher chance of issues, in some sense you're breaking even.

• Like 1

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

As I mentioned in the Facebook page, you are overreacting. If you keep asking people at some point you will find disgruntled people.  Even if you find two dozen disgruntled people you'll find 500 satisfied customers.  And what is it that those two dozen people are actually disgruntled about? How many are disgruntled about features (no 11 pin, no 4 sets of drawbars, 'cheap' knobs even though their knobs actually work perfectly for years). I've heard the same thing about my Kurzweil (it was b-stock).  Had it 11 years, practice weekly and gig almost every weekend, sometimes 2x a week, never had a single issue.  Worry about enjoying your new purchase, not what might go wrong. And electronic equipment will occasionally breakdown and that does not necessarily mean product 'issues'.   Relax and enjoy....

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band