Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nerds, they’re everywhere. Should they be?

57 minutes ago, IMMusicRulz said:

I'm a nerd with glasses who likes listening to prog music. Does that make me a nerd?

“That's the wonderful thing with nerds: they're enthusiasts. Not having a life means you get to love things with a passion and nobody bothers you about it.”

- John Burnside.

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Overheard in my senior-year high school science class:

Attractive girl-speaking to my lab partner about me, “Should I ask him to the girls-choice dance?”

Lab partner, “Cute guy, but he’s such an egghead!”. 😂

• Like 1

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

4 hours ago, Theo Verelst said:

What's the preoccupation with the nerd type: defensive, potential superiority, general use of lesser social skills, or just owning a subject ?

T

T:  This all originated with the defective novelty business that had an insideous relationship with operators in the Hague with connections to China, as you should know.

If you're in doubt please review this 60 minutes report before casting aspersions.   Can you, in good conscience, disavow any associations with the Self Avowed Nerd Nathan Thurm in this report @3:13 who clearly obfuscates his technical association with semiconductor industries?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Years ago one of my bandmates used some paper, tape and a Sharpie to change the word "Nord" on the back of my keyboard to "Nerd." Nobody ever copped to it, but I liked it and left it that way till that board was stolen. For years I held out hope that the thieves and eventual purchasers wouldn't notice it, and I'd spot in onstage somewhere, but alas, it was not to be.

7 hours ago, Josh Paxton said:

Years ago one of my bandmates used some paper, tape and a Sharpie to change the word "Nord" on the back of my keyboard to "Nerd." Nobody ever copped to it, but I liked it and left it that way till that board was stolen. For years I held out hope that the thieves and eventual purchasers wouldn't notice it, and I'd spot in onstage somewhere, but alas, it was not to be.

The Nerd branding made it even more attractive for theft.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560