Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody lose the endcaps to their stands?

Back 2 are off of my main one. Not a problem, but missing the ones at the front can be a pain. It was actually the front ones that fell off, but the keyboard kept sliding around too much so I took the back ones off and put them on the front. I try to always have two - one on either side (L/R) just feels too uneven when playing. 

Can live without the back ones - missing the front ones will probably make your keyboard slide around, which gets annoying fast. 

As for the legs/the bottom, I either have all 4 or none at all. Too imbalanced otherwise. Currently none on the bottom as…yeah, they fell off! 

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Sooner or later on most every stand that has an end cap or rubber footing, band, etc.  it’s like sox in the wash, where the f£ck did that other sock go?  Darned if I know. 

They should just throw spares in the box when you buy it if they don’t have a solution on how to keep the parts in tact.  

• Like 3

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

15 minutes ago, Reezekeys said:

Cosmetic? If an endcap comes off my stand's feet, the stand feels less solid - it rocks a little bit as I play. Same with the keyboard if not all contact points are even. That's just my stand, ymmv of course.

05FA6FC3-303F-4060-824A-3CCF8456451F.thumb.jpeg.8cc180f141b5ca287aa7c10acdfe0671.jpeg

End cap.  Ok. Can live without.  But sucks for stabbing and scratching walls and the car etc. when moving the thing around.  The rubber bands they place around the tubes on the feet and under the keyboard (I’m thinking X stands) to keep from slipping and sliding - that’s got to be replaced for sure.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Love 1

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

2 hours ago, Reezekeys said:

Cosmetic? If an endcap comes off my stand's feet, the stand feels less solid - it rocks a little bit as I play. Same with the keyboard if not all contact points are even. That's just my stand, ymmv of course.

Talkin about end caps not the rubber like pieces on the crossbar that keyboard sits on.      

Can we swap- Do I have yours?

i have hundreds of end caps, they just don't seem to fit any of the gear I own.

This  past Saturday:  posh solo piano gig at a mansion where the LR was bigger than my entire house.  Used their lovely piano, but totally trashed the place with my scratched up  Quick-lock piano bench- the one with black gaffers covering the side tears, which also wobbles because it only has 3 end caps.  Terrified I'd scratch the marble floor. 

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Yep.  Of course I've also taken some off to accommodate my onstage mic boom adapter.

To keep keyboards from sliding the best stuff I've used is cork "tape" (though it's thicker than tape) I got from our old drummer.  I'd really like to get more of that, it's super grippy and durable.  The strips I have don't work well on a round arm like my x stand though.

For feet stability, pedal traction, a bit of standing comfort and just overall vibe I usually bring a small 3x5 area rug to my gigs.

• Like 1

Mine dont come off but they use to move (slide).  I used black electrical tape and glue.  Glued the inside of the foot, slid it on the stand's foot and then electric tape as an additional secure.  No more problems.  I hope we're talking the same thing; end cap seems a little confusing as to which part you are talking about.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

3 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

Mine dont come off but they use to move (slide).  I used black electrical tape and glue.  Glued the inside of the foot, slid it on the stand's foot and then electric tape as an additional secure.  No more problems.  I hope we're talking the same thing; end cap seems a little confusing as to which part you are talking about.

I'm talking about the plastic cap that is inserted in the raw end of the metal tubeing of the stand. One I lost was round. One was square. 

I'm OK opening the topic to any part that is supposed to be nonremoveable and is pressed in. I almost lost a slide on rubber grip since the end cap wasn't there to hold it so that should be on topic too.

FunMachine.