Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is it just me or…

Thanks for the info...Kuru and Danny.  I can't stand the gray and black with white lettering.  Didn't know how to change it, then found "Theme" at the bottom of the pages.  Clicked on it and chose Default.  Got thing back to normal!👍

Take care, Larryz

1 hour ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I took screenshots of both…and they’re almost indistinguishable, with Bravo narrowly edging out Dynamic for legibility.

OK, screenshots suck. Try this, online, live and in person, switch from Bravo to Dynamic and look at your tagline "Sturgeon's 2nd Law...

It's barely legible in Dynamic and easily read in Bravo.

I'm using a 2014 MacBook Pro plugged into a Dell monitor I got for $30 at Goodwill, a 24". Not high end stuff by any means and that's what I see. 

Dynamic is darker and has less contrast, with small text and my poor eyesight it's not pretty a bit. I could survive Bravo but I'm glad I don't have to! :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I did do that.  That’s how & why I took the screenshots.  Though I could tell the difference, they were so similar as to make no difference to me (on my Apple portable devices).

So even though I generally prefer dark themes for viewing forums, the two offered here and now are not for me.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

46 minutes ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I did do that.  That’s how & why I took the screenshots.  Though I could tell the difference, they were so similar as to make no difference to me (on my Apple portable devices).

So even though I generally prefer dark themes for viewing forums, the two offered here and now are not for me.

I don't have any Apple portable devices so we probably aren't seeing the same exact thing. We do agree that these dark themes are not what we like!!! :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

1 hour ago, wraub said:

How do you find the themes?

Scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the thread page, it's down there, next to "Contact Us".

Not particularly impressed with any of them, but the "Default" was just too much glaring white space on my Mac.

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

On 1/23/2022 at 2:36 PM, Dannyalcatraz said:

…do the new forum themes “Bravo 6” and “Dynamic” look pretty much the same?

Is it just me or…

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

8 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

It may just be my imagination, but it looks like there’s still some fiddling going on.

Not with the themes. :idk:

If you use Chrome as your browser, it’s got a Night Mode that I quite like.  I use that on my iPad.

The deal with the other themes we have now is that those were the free ones that were offered.  There are bunches of other ones, but they all cost $ - bigger payment up front, then smaller ongoing charges.  I’m not adverse to buying a better one, but I wanna take time looking at them.  

I do admit a bit wary because it seems likely that whichever one I pick will not be everyone’s first choice.  Luckily, the other options will always be there…

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Safari user here.  I agree that the site seems more stable.  I haven’t been involuntarily logged out since the switchover, so that’s a plus in my book!

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/