Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

The e-mail I originally registered with is no longer valid so I re-registered. After all these years I'm now starting over as a new member and got credit for my first post.

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

2 hours ago, Dr Nursers said:

Sorry @Dave Bryce one other thing - my post count has dropped from circa 12K to 7K ? Anyone else noticed this?

my post count dropped by a few hundred posts, doesn't concern me, just chiming in since you asked, my brother down under. Where did they go?  :abduct:

• Haha 1
:nopity:

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Please note that more than a few of these requests are not being done right away because I’m not sure how to do most of them.  I screwed a few things up already, so I’m trying to be careful.  I’ll figure them out.  May take a minute…

Also, the forum will be indexing for a few days more.  I want that to finish before we really dig in.  Once we do that, II guarantee we’ll have a bunch of fun customizing the joint.

The first goal was to get things up and running.  We pretty much have that at this point.   Now, we’ll dig in and learn how best to use all of this fabulous newfound power for something resembling good. 🥸

I really appreciate all your patience and support!  

dB

• Like 4

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Like Eric, I loved being able to do stealth edits.

But one thing that bugs me more is you can't jump to the last post in a thread from the main forum page without being logged in. Clicking it just brings you to the first post/page of the thread. Some other forums do this as well and it's a little irritating. 

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

7 hours ago, Doerfler said:

my post count dropped by a few hundred posts, doesn't concern me, just chiming in since you asked, my brother down under. Where did they go?  :abduct:

It's weird. A chunk of my posts were on the off-topic forum called Sweat, wondering if that's the issue?

Two things I miss and hope they can be brought back eventually (no rush, dB. I get what you're saying about letting things settle in first) are

1. Date joined next to user. Post count is good, but together it helps to know how long they've been signed up.
  2. Location of user.  It's fun to see but also can be helpful. In the worth it to buy a real Hammond thread, Adan talked about having nearby techs. If someone said they were considering buying a Hammond but they lived someplace where there are no techs, we might say don't, but if they live in Mt Horeb, WI, we could say, "we know a guy!"
  3. I said two but this is a bonus. I don't know what it was called on the old forum, but here it's under custom_title. I loved that badge of honor you gave me years ago. It's still on my profile but I always got a little chuckle when I looked over to the left and saw it in my profile info.

Overall all though, I'm stoked about the updated forum and am really enjoying being here. I hope others are too, and I hope some folks come back. As you know, I've been nudging them this way. ;) 

• Like 3

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

File this under, "Wouldn't it be cool?"

Since the forum tells us "five years later" or whatever when someone revives an old thread, I think it would be cool if it could also post an image like this with that indication.

image.png.d050abde4a51479cafefddc8d6e5d38d.png

:D 

• Haha 1

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

6 hours ago, Dr Nursers said:

It's weird. A chunk of my posts were on the off-topic forum called Sweat, wondering if that's the issue?

Could be.

Another reason is that if you ever did two posts in a row in any thread, the system is now probably combining them into a single post.

dB

Stealth editing should be back on: however, there's a tradeoff for that - I set the amount of time Members can edit a post to an hour.

The only way unlimited edit time can fly is if there's an edit log.  Seems like a bad idea for anyone to be able to change a post weeks/months after they wrote it with no indicatiojn the post had been changed.

dB

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

For what it's worth I liked the old KC edit approach better - you could edit for about a day I believe (handy for if you're at work and think of something you forgot or needed to correct but can't do it until you're off shift).

• Like 2

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

17 hours ago, Shamanzarek said:

The e-mail I originally registered with is no longer valid so I re-registered. After all these years I'm now starting over as a new member and got credit for my first post.

I think you should still be able to sign in with that email - MPN didn't send me a confirmation email or anything like that when I logged in. Then go to your profile page and change your email.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

4 minutes ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

For what it's worth I liked the old KC edit approach better - you could edit for about a day I believe (handy for if you're at work and think of something you forgot or needed to correct but can't do it until you're off shift).

Same.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

49 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

An hour is probably fine? At that point there's a good chance further replies have been posted.

Much appreciated dB! Like Josh said, it's mostly for spotting typos seconds after letting the post out of the cage. :D

Hey, I fall in that category as well! 😁

Obviously, we can tweak the time period as needed.  The main point is that the stealth edit is back.

You guys noticed I took away that whole dopey Leaderboard thing as well, yes? :chainsaw: 😎

dB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

You guys noticed I took away that whole dopey Leaderboard thing as well, yes? :chainsaw: 😎

dB

Do you mean the "Top posters in this topic" sidebar? If so, that's still visible to me.

Now, if we could just get rid of the "reputation" section of the profiles, given that it seems to be connected to activity only since the move to Invision. :idk:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

Do you mean the "Top posters in this topic" sidebar? If so, that's still visible to me.

Now, if we could just get rid of the "reputation" section of the profiles, given that it seems to be connected to activity only since the move to Invision. :idk:

You don't understand, brother Max....the control panel is immense, with lots of power and options.  I'm still figuring our where stuff is and how to change it (without screwing it up).   Besides that, there are a whole bunch of things that need to be done which you guys aren't seeing.

I see your other posts, I promise.  Got a bunch of stuff to work through... 😬

No, I didn't mean the "Top Posters in this topic" sidebar...I meant the Leaderboard that used to be in the top menu bar.  I'm currently working through those.  

The Top Posters thing is weird because it only appears in some threads!  Not sure why... :pop:

dB

1 hour ago, Dave Bryce said:

Stealth editing should be back on: however, there's a tradeoff for that - I set the amount of time Members can edit a post to an hour.

The only way unlimited edit time can fly is if there's an edit log.  Seems like a bad idea for anyone to be able to change a post weeks/months after they wrote it with no indicatiojn the post had been changed.

dB

I had a situation here where another poster retrospectively edited their post (that I had replied to), in order to make my reply look ridiculous - so he could mock me in his ensuing reply to my reply.

A short edit window prevents that kind of abuse.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stoken6 said:

I had a situation here where another poster retrospectively edited their post (that I had replied to), in order to make my reply look ridiculous - so he could mock me in his ensuing reply to my reply.

A short edit window prevents that kind of abuse.

Cheers, Mike.

Fair point. I suppose that could be defended against by quoting the person instead of just responding. But thankfully that kind of trolling is actually pretty uncommon here--the exception more than the rule.

Like @Mighty Motif Max, I will often put a post or a response up, go off and teach or rehearse or whatever, then come back to discover I am illiterate, and have been grateful for the second chance to pretend I'm not. A "one day" window would be great, though ANY window is already better than none.

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

36 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

The Top Posters thing is weird because it only appears in some threads!  Not sure why... :pop:

I think that happens for very active threads. I cannot define "very active" for you, however.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

You don't understand, brother Max....the control panel is immense, with lots of power and options.  I'm still figuring our where stuff is and how to change it (without screwing it up).   Besides that, there are a whole bunch of things that need to be done which you guys aren't seeing.

I see your other posts, I promise.  Got a bunch of stuff to work through... 😬

No, I didn't mean the "Top Posters in this topic" sidebar...I meant the Leaderboard that used to be in the top menu bar.  I'm currently working through those.  

dB

Of course! I'm not an Invision user but I'm somewhat familiar with a few other forum platforms. I didn't mean any of my posts to come off as demanding or anything. That's the total opposite of what I meant. I'm just adding comments on things as I come across them, mostly if I haven't seen them mentioned already. I saw your earlier post about the control panel/number of options. I'm sorry if my posts have come across as anything other than "hey, when you have time, would you consider taking a look at this"? The move has gone really well from what I can see thus far, and I greatly appreciate all the work you've put in.

• Like 1

In light of the amazingly smooth migration and the tidy work done since to tailor the new KC to our liking...

(And while also reflecting back on some old posts around the time New Bay sold MPN out from under us and we had to set up the emergency backup and all that jazz!)

I'm just gonna throw out another plug for the MPN Patreon page where anyone can feel free to kick in a couple bucks to support server costs and the like. :keynana:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1