Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Leslie 142\122H

142H

122H

It's been... 4 years since the prototype was shown in NAMM?

Specifications, via Google Translate:

Revived vintage Leslie sound

â¢

⢠In order to reproduce the original 122/142, we researched and reproduced all the elements such as speakers, amplifiers, rotors, etc.

⢠The cabinet uses the lumbar core that is also used in the vintage 122/142.

⢠Equipped with 122 type and 147 type circuits. You can get two types of amp sounds with a simple switch operation.

⢠You can enjoy the warm sound of the vacuum tube preamplifier (122 type) / transistor preamplifier (147 type) / power amplifier.

⢠Equipped with 11-pin Leslie terminal and line input terminal as input terminals. In addition, it is equipped with a 4-PIN INPUT terminal for connecting organs with 5-pin / 6-pin Leslie terminals such as B-3, C-3, and A-100.

⢠Uses a brushless DC servo motor. It is not affected by power frequency and voltage fluctuations, and the rotor rotation rises, falls, and rotation speed can be freely adjusted.

specification

Control Master volume, power switch, foot switch type, 11-pin power remote, 4-pin control type

speaker [Horn driver] High compression driver

[Woofer] 38 cm (Massive 15Ë)

output 40W

Connecting terminal 11-pin socket, 4-pin socket, line input, foot switch

Preamp Vacuum tube: 12BH7 x 1

(power amplifier)

Vacuum tube: 12AU7 x 1, 6550 x 2

method 1 channel real 2 rotor

motor Brushless DC servo motor x 2

Rotor adjust [Horn] Rise Lime, Fall Time, Slow Speed, First Speed

[Lower] Rise Lime, Fall Time, Slow Speed, First Speed

Rated power consumption 160W

Terminal 11-pin Leslie Socket, 8-pin Leslie Socket

Line-in (Rotary, Stationery L, R)

Line-out (Stationery L, R, Rotary L, R)

Foot Switch 1 (Slow / First / Stop)

Foot Switch 2 (Preset 1-2 ) )

Remote out for MIDI IN, OUT, 2121

Size W74.3 x D52.5 x H84.2 cm

weight 59kg

remarks [Rotor] Horn rotor, wooden rotor

[LED] Slow, stop, first

Gear: Nord Stage 3 76HP, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Hammond XK5, Solina String Ensemble

My Bands: Aperco, Ummagumma, Amity Band

the 122 is 8 lbs lighter than a vintage 122 while the 142 is 3 pounds heavier than a vintage. i wonder what brand of horn driver they are using? and of course with all hammond products the price point is always a concern. i wonder if they will make versions that have a tough coat (like Motion Sound did) for road worthiness.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I"m SO getting that 142/145. It"ll be the perfect post-COVID gift to myself. ððð

That seems about right! My only 2 concerns about it:

1. The price

2. How much space's left in our studio :laugh:

Gear: Nord Stage 3 76HP, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Hammond XK5, Solina String Ensemble

Do we know a price yet? And are they making a pre-amp available to use with 1/4' inputs for digital keyboards? I use a Nord Stage 3 for gigs, but would love one of these for home use!
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Do we know a price yet? And are they making a pre-amp available to use with 1/4' inputs for digital keyboards? I use a Nord Stage 3 for gigs, but would love one of these for home use!

The price is the biggest question yet to be answered. According to the translation, yes. It even has a 6-Pin input!

Re: build quality.... The earlier cabinets were made of plywood, later cabinets were mdf. Mdf is a great choice for speakers that aren't moved much, like in your living rooms or studio. Plywood

or "lumbar" core is much more forgiving of road damage than MDF.

Does Motion Sound still use MDF in their cabs? I was rolling my KBR-M cab out to my car after a gig on low furniture dolly when I hit a crack in the sidewalk and the cab fell about 4" off the dolly onto the concrete. The MDF broke off in one ugly chunk.

So yes I would be interested if it was made of something resilient like lumber core or Baltic birch plywood.

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, now serving the Lord in Bryant AR: '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie)

Particle board is bad if it gets wet and that happens to some cabinets and causes working.. I can't see these new cabinets being that great quality wise.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

From the photo they look like 11-pin, i.e. same interface as 122XB.

Either way, 6H or XB, Booker Lab will have something to put in between one of these and your clonewheel.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

The Leslie 3300 has been furniture grade plywood for several years. It started as MDF (I have one) then they made the switch sometime around 2014 I think. I'm pretty sure the new 142 will be similar to the new 3300.

Hammond asked me to remove my video of the prototype from YouTube but if you want to PM me, I can send you a link (it's unlisted). It was at the 2019 NAMM show.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WesG said:

From the photo they look like 11-pin, i.e. same interface as 122XB.

Either way, 6H or XB, Booker Lab will have something to put in between one of these and your clonewheel.

I'm wasn't familiar with Booker Lab (maybe I've been living in a hole).  Looks to be a Trek preamp competitor, right?  In addition to offering some other useful Leslie products. 

142 Leslie's were never as good a seller as the 145 because they were made for 3 series Hammond consoles.   The 145 had a pre-amp pedal made for it which the 142 never had so it was always more popular.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

A Swedish Hammond dealer site listed the new Heritage-series Leslies for roughly 7000-7600$ after conversion from Krona. That's way more than I'd imagine the pricing!

• 1 month later...