Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD-88 Tone-Category List READY!!!

Hey!

Would any RD-88 owners like to have a copy of the spreadsheet I am creating that lists ALL of the Tones? You can sort it by category, etc.. to make it much easier to look for what you want. Easier than the online Sound List PDF

Here's an Example. So far I have gotten thru all the PR-A sounds. It takes some formatting, and other work in Excel to make it presentable. The way Roland created the PDF, simply converting to Excel doesn't let you filter like my version will. I was going to make it an "attachment" here, but we aren't allowed to attach spreadsheets ;)

Here's a small pic of a section. Since it's Excel, the end user may sort it anyway they desire. I am sorting it by category for my own use once I finish it. As you get farther into Roland's list, the categories get jumbled. You'll have 3 brass category then a couple drum, back to brass, then some piano, etc...

I'll have a finished product by Sunday (free, of course). I will just need to email it to you. Once I say it's done, just PM me and I'm happy to send it

vizKsJ.png

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

How dare the RD-88 appear 40 years too late to become my central obsession? I notice it creeping into a few more stacks lately, surely because of the good mix between decent hardware and a broad sound base. Zenology as been taking its lumps for a while, but its also been ripening well. I'm wary of the cloud, but who among us hasn't owned more than one tool from the Big Three? Or the Big Seven, if you want to include NORD LEAD and Kawai, for example. The evolution has its merits.

Classic KC helping hand, EscapeRocks. :thu:

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty
 and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life- so I became a scientist.

This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
      ~ Matt Cartmill

Never really heard of this one until David mentioned it...about $1800 Aussie "street", not much more than then A88 MK II

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Count me in -- yes, please!

Old No7

Edit to add:

Gee, there's 40 pages in the PDF -- sure hope you're not typing any of it in, and that the converter or cut & paste trick does most of the work............

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Count me in -- yes, please!

Old No7

Edit to add:

Gee, there's 40 pages in the PDF -- sure hope you're not typing any of it in, and that the converter or cut & paste trick does most of the work............

Everything is good....except the typos, and the way Roland formatted some things in the PDF that don't trans;ate well in the conversion.

However, as I compile, I created a script to catch the things that need catching :)

David

Hey all, the list is ready.

Couple things: I did not collate the scenes and I did not collate the SN-PR sound list. Those are both very short and easy to reference in the online guide.

I did assemble the other 3,655 , plus or minus, sounds. In an easy to find format.

It looks like this:

eUWI9H.png

The view you see here is the complete list that I filtered by category.

I also have each section with it's own tab that you can go thru. The File is not work protected, so feel free to customize it to your liking.

I tried to fix most typos that are in the Roland online PDF, especially when it made my compiling "fun."

I started this as an exercise for me, as when I assemble scenes, or want to have Mainstage or Gigperformer call various sounds, I didn't want to go blind trying to find what I wanted in that pdf file.

One thing I have learned in the 2.5 days I've had this, it is very deep with the sounds. All the sound I like from previous Roland are in there. I still love the Brass sounds. After some more time I will go in and see how the Zenology stuff integrates.

I did very briefly mess around with Mainstage. I obviously need to read the manual, but I was able to use the cursor buttons on the RD-88 to move various sliders around, without mapping anything. i.e. natively works. Nice

Anyway, I don't have a site to post this spreadsheet for download. So if you drop an email address in a Private Message, I will send you a copy.

Enjoy!

• Love 2

David

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/11/2024 at 12:54 PM, Kenneth Africano said:

Do you still have the recreated RD 88 tone list?  If so, can you email it to me? 

I have a copy of one somewhere. I added mappings to the Zenology libraries too. Dont know if I can attach here. If not you can message me with your email and I can send it. 

• 1 month later...