Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

REST IN PEACE DUSTY HILL

Larryz

Rest in Peace Dusty, thank you for the music.

Playing bass in a 3 piece and consistently throwing down a massive groove on bass is not easy. Dusty had it down. He will be missed.

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

A few Summers back, my wife and I went to see ZZ Top and Cheap Trick, because how often do two of the most entertaining bands in Rock show up on the same bill? One of the most fun shows ever, and of course they brought out the faux-fur-covered Instruments.

Rest in power, sir, and many thanks.

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, on Dusty Hill:

"...within the last couple of months, we were reviewing a couple of the rough tracks that were starting to come together from the sessions that we were conducting just a few months ago. I remember a night where they said, 'Well, you"re the producer. You"ve got to tell Dusty to stick around or let him go. He"s delivered his parts.' And I said, 'Oh yeah, hold on a sec.' I say, 'Hey, Dust, thanks, man. Great job.' So off he goes, and no sooner had he left the parking lot and gotten well on his way down the freeway than we encountered a very short section that I had overlooked. It was only eight or 10 bars. And I said, 'Gee whiz, that goes by in not even 30 secondsâ¦' I said, 'Bring me Dusty"s bass,' and I handed it to the engineer and said, 'You"re a bass player⦠It"s only eight bars. Let"s just fill in.' Two hours later, we had passed the bass guitar around to every single living soul in the studio, and we still couldn"t match Dusty"s tone. He had something in that damn right hand of his that can"t be described, other than fierce."

Billy Gibbons, to Chris Willman, Variety

K9iio5l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

As we grow older, our favorites are getting even older. Unfortunately, we are in a period of our lives where they will seem to be passing on left and right. Although they weren't all attributed to "old age" ailments, we lost three within metal/rock this past week. Some well-known, some lesser-known. But, they were rockers nonetheless. First it was Mike Howe. Then Joey Jordison. Now Dusty. Rest easy, fellas.

~Peace

• Like 1

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• 1 year later...

I still miss Dusty Hill and his groovie bass playing and singing. He and Frank Beard were an awesome rhythm section in ZZ Top, and Billy gibbons awesome guitar solos were an amazing addition.

• Like 2