Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: RIP OAR

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, MAJOR kudos due for Riverbanks Zoo. My daughter had only worked there for a couple of months prior to the accident and they have been Johnny-on-the-spot at every turn.

Aw man I was there a couple of months ago. It is indeed a great zoo and has been a regular visit for us for years.

I shared your experience and admonitions with my kids (19 & 15), and for what it"s worth, it reached them.

I make software noises.

My daughter had the most amazing immune system of anyone I've ever known. I can only recall her being sick once in her entire eighteen years and that was back when she was two or three years old--she didn't remember it. Sadly, I think that blessing may have had the inadvertent effect of making her think that nothing could touch her; that she was invulnerable. She did, in fact, get a couple of minor wounds in her life, but nothing that mattered. Again, I think that may have bolstered her sense that she was a female Wolverine; that no germ could bite her and that no wound could scar her.

Not so.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Let's hope this doesn't become a fad or anything...

A boy who Olivia dated for a while and whose mother works with my wife was in an accident today. Don't know if excessive speed was involved, but he hit a tree, same as Olivia. The pictures I've seen of the truck he was driving look pretty rough. He got "a bump on the head" from what I'm hearing, but is expected to be okay. The boy's mother is in full-blown panic mode (knew Olivia and adored her) and claims that she has not let go of her son in the eight hours since the accident. Close call, and her heart is still pounding.

Go thou, and do likewise. Hold your kids while you can.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Grey, man, I replied to a post from you on FB regarding this and really don't have much more I can say. There are no words. Our best to you and everyone that loved her. We had friends in our old neighborhood who lost their son around that age in an accident and every time I see them, real or virtually, I don't say anything about it but I feel terrible for them. I can't even imagine what it must be like.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My God, I'm really shocked and saddened by what happened to your daughter in this car accident.

So sorry for your loss. Nobody deserves to have something like this happen to them.

Life is so dangerous.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M