Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil K2700

Kurzweil K2700 at Weisersound

Dave Wesier has a K2700 page up and said the price for the K2700 is $2999, which is a nice sweet spot.

$1,000 more than the PC4 for a flagship build, and $1,000 - $2,000 below the Forte 7/Forte.

Can´t wait until it´s available in europe.

I regret I cannot get Dave´s service and additional soundware when buying here.

A.C.

I'll always be happy to share my sounds with anyone on this forum, free of charge, regardless of where you purchase. :)

Just shoot me an email. weiserdav@gmail.com

I don't make my living from sales, always happy to give back to the most excellent Kurzweil community and to this kick-ass forum!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll always be happy to share my sounds with anyone on this forum, free of charge, regardless of where you purchase. :)

Just shoot me an email. weiserdav@gmail.com

I don't make my living from sales, always happy to give back to the most excellent Kurzweil community and to this kick-ass forum!

This is too good to be true and very generous !

Thx a lot !!!

I´ll expect availability here somewhere 2nd half 2021,- and when I got it, I´ll come back to you for sure.

B.t.w., I also "hated" Thomann (and the other) refused to sell Forte7 here since a long time.

But K2700 now became very interesting since it was announced.

:)

A.C.

Kurzweil K2700 at Weisersound

Dave Wesier has a K2700 page up and said the price for the K2700 is $2999, which is a nice sweet spot.

$1,000 more than the PC4 for a flagship build, and $1,000 - $2,000 below the Forte 7/Forte.

I recall the Forte price jumped $1000 due to a change in taxes on goods coming from wherever the Forte was manufactured (my fuzzy recollection). It was selling for $3999 then a day later it went to $4999.

I presume the K2700 does not have that additional money attached to the price? Also, will the Forte's also still have the additional $1K? Are the Forte and K2700 made in the same country?

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

Oh goodness, only $1k more than the PC4? That's really inconsiderate of them, I was betting on at least $3500 if not $4k+ so that the decision to stick with the PC4 was easy. I had just gotten around to finishing convincing myself that it was worthwhile to drop $2k on a keyboard, now I might need to go even higher.

yup, that's me!

I was testing the keyboard and decided to do one soundtrack of a video that I took recently (I also like birds) as a real-user-case scenario. All the sounds are factory programs, just tweaking the controllers. A lot of ribbon obviously as you can hear.

Guys in the office pointed me to the Dreamweaver's intro... which I did NOT know!!! Learning every day....

Enjoy,

Regards,

Fran

Anyone know if the ribbon controllers on the Kurzweils can be used as note triggering source? The "theremin mode" on my hydrasynth is fantastic to play with, and on the Kurzweils where it would be assignable to another sound it would be even cooler.

I spent a few minutes digging around and couldn't figure out how to do that with my PC4. Maybe there's a trick I missed. You can put it in "absolute mode" so a given point on the ribbon always corresponds to a given pitch, but then you're still triggering and releasing notes with your other hand.

Anyone know if the ribbon controllers on the Kurzweils can be used as note triggering source?

You can put it in "absolute mode" so a given point on the ribbon always corresponds to a given pitch, but then you're still triggering and releasing notes with your other hand.

Next best thing: hit a note, press the damper pedal, and have at it. That's how I do ribbon controller tunes.

Theoretically, you could have a patch (or perhaps a setup) in which the damper pedal's function was reversed.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Theoretically, you could have a patch (or perhaps a setup) in which the damper pedal's function was reversed.

Alternatively, you can use the damper pedal itself to trigger a layer within the patch - no hands on the keyboard required at all.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

Anyone know if the ribbon controllers on the Kurzweils can be used as note triggering source? The "theremin mode" on my hydrasynth is fantastic to play with, and on the Kurzweils where it would be assignable to another sound it would be even cooler.

Depends if you want to actually trigger notes, or just manipulate the pitch of a note. Here's a 20 year old thread touching on some possibilities:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1042122/Long_ribbon_controllers

I've seen harp style glissando (triggering notes) done with Kurzweils, but I forget the exact steps to get there.

[video:youtube]

1st, Fran assigns keynumber and key velocity to sliders, followed by doin´ it w/ the ribbon.

[video:youtube]

... and here he´s dealing w/ "shift key" number(s) ...

Should be possible w/ PC4 and later, K2700,- too.

:cool:

A.C.

That will still work on the K2700.

While the K2700 is not improving that particular case with the ribbon, it has a major feature to trigger notes with the Pads. The Pads can be configured in MANY ways (read the manual to see all the possibilities), and one of the way is to trigger notes or chords. Having a complex chord programmed in each of the 16 pads could help you greatly in some parts of a show where you have to do a lot of things. The pads are velocity sensitive and they are easy to play so, they are very handy for that kind of stuff. But the pads can also trigger MIDI CCs or control the Step Sequencer or the CC Sequencers... even you could program them in multi mode to do things like this: Few pads control the Step Sequencer in one zone, other pads the CC Seq in another zone, other pads to trigger chords in other zones... in other words, you can set it exactly as your show requires.

Regards,

Fran

Glad to hear there are ways at least, even if not as nice. And setting those pads up to turn on/off a drone note controlled by the ribbon sounds like it would lead to its own world of fun but different options. Something this big I'll definitely want to wait until the music stores near me open up to try it out first, but I think it's gonna be hard to say no to.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Sweetwater is an excellent company and I do not want to take anything away from their value, but.....

If you are buying a Kurzweil, you will get so much more value from Dave Weiser than you will from the big guys. He will be there for you personally when you need help and he really knows these products in a way that only a small handful of people in the world understand Kurzweil.

Dave Weiser actually makes the K2700, PC4, SP6 and Forte products BETTER than Kurzweil makes them with his programming, guidance, documentation and support. There are very few products like this where I otherwise say it really doesn't matter where you buy it, it's just a box with a piece of gear inside, etc. but the relationship between Dave Weiser and Kurzweil runs counter to every argument that you are just buying a commodity.

Not sure I explained that the way I want, but I hope that sentiment is there. You are buying from a consultant for the product with Dave at the level of usability and how you would approach this instrument, not just "I'm a consultant, tell me what your budget is and I'll tell you what we offer in that range."

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Sweetwater is an excellent company and I do not want to take anything away from their value, but.....

If you are buying a Kurzweil, you will get so much more value from Dave Weiser than you will from the big guys. He will be there for you personally when you need help and he really knows these products in a way that only a small handful of people in the world understand Kurzweil.

Dave Weiser actually makes the K2700, PC4, SP6 and Forte products BETTER than Kurzweil makes them with his programming, guidance, documentation and support. There are very few products like this where I otherwise say it really doesn't matter where you buy it, it's just a box with a piece of gear inside, etc. but the relationship between Dave Weiser and Kurzweil runs counter to every argument that you are just buying a commodity.

Not sure I explained that the way I want, but I hope that sentiment is there. You are buying from a consultant for the product with Dave at the level of usability and how you would approach this instrument, not just "I'm a consultant, tell me what your budget is and I'll tell you what we offer in that range."

I'd have to second that, and I think you explained it very well; if I might sum it up I'd say "value added." I bought both my PC3 and PC4 from Dave. He is a great guy, very knowledgable and helpful. He knows the Kurzweil line very well, having worked there for years, and in particular having created a lot of the factory patches for them, and he uses and programs Kurzweil for stage productions and tours around the world. That level of knowledge just doesn't exist at retailers like Sweetwater (who I've had only positive experiences with and think is a very good company as well).