Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

U.S. retailer Guitar Center files for bankruptcy

33 minutes ago, ChaseCarbone said:

I saw the news about Guitar Center filing for bankruptcy. It's a sign of the times with online shopping trends and the pandemic affecting in-store business. The good news is they seem to have a plan in place with the debtor-in-possession financing and debt reduction. For anyone facing similar financial challenges, remember that it's essential to have expert guidance. 

Spam spam spam spam spam

• Like 1

Our relatively small Guitar Center is alive and well as near as I can see. They have staff and inventory and customer cars parked out front. Those are all good signs. There are always going to be bumps in the road, it appears they've navigated some and are continuing the journey. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

This is old.  GC emerged from Bankruptcy at the beginning of 2021.

Side note:  My local GC is one of the good one. Not very big, but fully staffed with long time employees who know their stuff.  My good to guy  in the pro audio/keys department has been there for 9 years and is in a management role.  In addition to the 'beginner keys," they also stock, and have available to play, Nord, Higher end Yamaha, Roland, etc.

Place is always busy.

Your experiences may differ, but I am happy with my local GC

• Like 2

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

4 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

…and banned them. :cop:

dB

Well, now they know what it's like to be in a real banned!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I bought my Nord Stage4 at the San Francisco GC. I wanted to play it having not liked Nord Fatar actions in the past. The website said it was in stock. They had to open a new one for me to play it, which they did right in front of me.  I played it, loved it and said I’ll take it. They insisted on getting me a fresh one not even opened, even though I just watched them open the unit I played, and I’m the only one that touched it!  

It was clear that I was a very unusual customer to come in for a “high end” item, know what it was, what I would use it for,  pay for it and leave.  The manager came over to thank me.  They helped me lift it into the truck.  

Buying nice things there is a bit like the Apple Store.  I know way more than the help about what I’m buying, but they were all very nice.  I think they gave me two years extended warranty for free.   I mostly buy electronics online, but this was a purchase I wanted to make in a store. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nathanael_I said:

I bought my Nord Stage4 at the San Francisco GC. I wanted to play it having not liked Nord Fatar actions in the past. The website said it was in stock.

The GC by me had one in the keyboard room, but oddly they didn't have it on their website.  I think it was the proverbial white elephant.

18 hours ago, Nathanael_I said:

I bought my Nord Stage4 at the San Francisco GC. I wanted to play it having not liked Nord Fatar actions in the past. The website said it was in stock. They had to open a new one for me to play it, which they did right in front of me.  I played it, loved it and said I’ll take it. They insisted on getting me a fresh one not even opened, even though I just watched them open the unit I played, and I’m the only one that touched it!  

It was clear that I was a very unusual customer to come in for a “high end” item, know what it was, what I would use it for,  pay for it and leave.  The manager came over to thank me.  They helped me lift it into the truck.  

Buying nice things there is a bit like the Apple Store.  I know way more than the help about what I’m buying, but they were all very nice.  I think they gave me two years extended warranty for free.   I mostly buy electronics online, but this was a purchase I wanted to make in a store. 

Nice!

I was driving home from work and we were moving out of the Bay Area the next day.  I had a ton of last minute things that had slipped through the cracks.

I pulled into the San Jose GC and told them I needed a hard case for my P250.     Sure no problem.   $400 and 80lb and 10 min later I was out the door.

They always had a keyboard studio room with everything hooked up.   Kind of like Disneyland.  

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3