Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another Virtual Happy Hour/WWKCFH - Friday May 1, 6pm ET

As far as the idea of having a theme, I think it might be useful at first.

How about "best/worst"? Could be your best gig & worst gig, or favorite keyboard/least favorite, best/worst studio session, etc. Could result in so,e fun stories.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the idea of having a theme, I think it might be useful at first.

How about "best/worst"? Could be your best gig & worst gig, or favorite keyboard/least favorite, best/worst studio session, etc. Could result in so,e fun stories.

This would be great, except it might take 8 hours a day for 3 weeks to get through the stories!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

The basic idea is that some people are more . . . um . . . naturally loquacious than others...

HEY!

I resemble that remark!

Okay, for those of us who weren't here last time or the time before, or whatever, what is this? If you're talking cameras, I don't have one. Microphones? I've got a screaming blue million. If we're just typing here, I can cover that easily.

If you guys & gals get a sense of the rhythms I use when I'm speaking, my printed comments will make a lot more sense because I write exactly the same way I speak...pauses and all...

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

[if you're talking cameras, I don't have one.

You'd probably want to have one to do this. It might be odd for you to be able to see all of us and have us only be able to hear you.

A whole bunch of the fun is being able to see each other react.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

How in the world did I miss this the first time around????

I saw mentions in one of my posts about how "this would be good to chat about in the KC HH" and I was like "what is that?"

I am excited to join you all and see familiar and new faces! My life from 8-6 M-F is all about being on Zoom meetings. I would love to spend time with my KC brethren on Zoom! Someone please send a reminder and a link on the day it happens. I don't have too much going on otherwise.

Cheers,

Eric

Well, until you get that Leslie safely to shore, you have bigger fish to fry, you've been paddling that thing down the river for years, and I personally just want to see it safe.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I"ve always wanted to do a catchup on 'Gong time (clearly the new Australian standard). Here"s my chance!

Make sure you"ve had enough beauty sleep, Mr Holloway!

That's not physically possible :D

Well, until you get that Leslie safely to shore, you have bigger fish to fry, you've been paddling that thing down the river for years, and I personally just want to see it safe.

At least he doesn"t need a ventilator.

:roll:

1 am in Paris, 11 pm in England, 8 am in Wollongong, and Mezzanotte in Rome. :D

How could I miss it now? :D :D

Jokes aside, I believe that Rome and Paris are on the same time zone - verified with three different sources. So, Mezzanotte both in Paris and Rome.

:facepalm:

I was basing that on Maurizio's post, but he was probably talking about the original chosen time. I'll correct my post above.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've put the date and time in the thread title so everyone can see it in the list of threads, and I've corrected my post yet again because we're in DST and I wrote that we're starting at 6 pm EST. :facepalm:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've put the date and time in the thread title so everyone can see it in the list of threads, and I've corrected my post yet again because we're in DST and I wrote that we're starting at 6 pm EST. :facepalm:

O.o...... Houston, we have a problem..... (I've always wanted to say that..... :D )

Sorry to add to the confusion, but Paris is only 1 hour ahead of the UK..... :idea:;

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

O.o...... Houston, we have a problem..... (I've always wanted to say that..... :D )

Sorry to add to the confusion, but Paris is only 1 hour ahead of the UK..... :idea:;

My post says 11 pm in England, midnight in Rome and Paris. Isn't that right?

(From now on, I'm just posting in Central Time and you kids can figure out the rest. :rolleyes: )

My post says 11 pm in England, midnight in Rome and Paris. Isn't that right?

(From now on, I'm just posting in Central Time and you kids can figure out the rest. :rolleyes: )

I could have sworn I read 1 am ..... Apologies Joe ...clearly I have entirely lost the plot.... I might say that 'This is what lockdown does to you' but I suspect that my plot was misplaced long before 2020.... (....suspect you are fervently wishing you had stuck to the original time... :D )

Time zones are bad enough, but when you throw in craziness like daylight savings (what genius came up with the idea that you could SAVE daylight simply by Fiddling with clocks....?...) then it really is all too confusing.

Let"s just hope that the meteorite which will be arriving on Wednesday does not mess with the tides.....

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Damn! I'm going to be laying blocks at that time. I should log on from my phone and you all can help me.

We sure will, as much as we can from where we're sitting!

Should be able to make this one - as long as you guys don't mind a guy who no longer plays keys in clubs.

Absolutely! I'm sure not everyone on the chat does.

Let"s just hope that the meteorite which will be arriving on Wednesday does not mess with the tides.....

Hey, that's my job!!!

I did have Paris as a different time than Rome but corrected it long before you posted your reply. You must have read it earlier and then came back and posted.

Just a heads up that I will post a Zoom meeting link in this thread on Friday a few hours before the meet -- I don't want it to get buried. :)

Ah, Zoom. I was reading through the thread and was gonna ask what tech we need for this. I'll have to join a bit later though, since I'm one of those "still working" folks.

~ Bill C.

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage4, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Just a heads up that I will post a Zoom meeting link in this thread on Friday a few hours before the meet -- I don't want it to get buried. :)

Ah, Zoom. I was reading through the thread and was gonna ask what tech we need for this. I'll have to join a bit later though, since I'm one of those "still working" folks.

~ Bill C.

No worries, I'm in the same boat, just a different time zone. Last time this went on for hours, so I think some rolling in-and-out is to be expected. Happy to connect for any length of time over the course of the evening (or afternoon, or night, morning, depending).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

as long as you guys don't mind a guy who no longer plays keys in clubs.

Coincidentally, this meeting is ONLY for people who no longer play keys in clubs.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Here's the Zoom join link! Those of you joining us who have had the luxury (?) of not needing to use Zoom before, clicking this link should prompt you to download the application. You may want to do a test run (I've set the meeting up so you can join anytime).

You will also need a password to enter the meeting. As it was last time, the password is "Nord Lead," one word, capital N and L, and instead of the letter O, the numeral zero. That's to keep the riff-raff out. [wink]

https://cornell.zoom.us/j/92065185969

I'll post this again tomorrow before the meeting. See y'all then!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.