Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Record Release Party: Quarantunes, Volume 1

In an attempt to be somewhat productive and simultaneously entertain ourselves whilst exiled for the good of the realm, some of us decided to revive an old KC tradition from many years ago and make a compilation of our music.

When we first did these, we made them into CDs. It used to take months to compile, master and produce the physical product (including artwork)....but now, there's things like DropBox and WeTransfer to quickly move files around...and Sound Cloud, which lets you post full res files, not just mp3s. :thu:

With that in mind, we are delighted to announce the world-wide release ( :D ) of our latest effort: Quarantunes, Volume 1, a collection of original material from KC members all over the world

It never ceases to amaze me how many incredibly talented musicians hang out here. It's also fascinating to hear the diversity in musical tastes and songwriting chops combined with arranging preferences and mixing skills.

Click on either the album cover below, or the bolded link above, sit back, and enjoy...

N2413CM.jpg

Please do let us know what you think! :keynana::rocker:

:thx:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pulled across my thoughts to here, hope that's ok:

My reviews of each song for what it's worth:

Waltz for Karen: Al Quinn - pure class, the passion shows, Really enjoyed this Al.

Some Other Time (feat. Polyhedra) - Brad Kaenel: I"d love to be at a gig where this is played. So positive and the production is superb!

Floating on Heaven - Craig Anderson - I really like this song, and the compliment I want to pay it is this: it would sit very nicely indeed on one of Mike Oldfield"s albums such as Five Miles Out of Heaven"s Open. Great stuff.

Worlds Apart (feat. BigTown) - David Bryce: Don"t know who this Bryce guy is but damn this is a great rock song, it"s the type I love playing in my band. This could also be a killer Eurovision entry.

Drunken Angel - David Emm: the second of the David entries shows huge flair. I"d argue it"s classic prog done with style, enjoyed this a lot.

Archaic Faces - David Holloway: am guessing this guy is a forum noob, can"t comment as electronica stuff like this doesn"t appeal ;)

Clear Sky (feat. ROCKETSCIENCE) - drawback: I"m going to make the difficult call that this is my equal favourite song on this album. The production, the positive tone of the whole song, the EP solo, the interplay between keys and guitar. Love it!

La Belleza Que Se Va - Jazzooo: another one for my ongoing playlist. It"s smooth, it"s engaging and it"s a plain good song! It"s got class up the Jazzooo!

Virtual Blues - lightbg: I can listen to organ playing like this all day - thank you!

Dream Travel - marino: Beautiful song, great execution, enjoyed this so much marino.

Tobacco Road - Mark Schmieder: there are many compliments that can be paid to this song but I want to single out one: I listened to this before reading your description and assumed this was a live ensemble playing. Amazing stuff!

The Flowers - miden: Displays outright beauty, loved this, another one for the playlist.

December - Mike Boguski: Great playing, smokey sounding, made for the cinema!

Night Owl 1971 - Polychrest: Another excellent rocker! Again wish I was in a band playing this. Organ as crunchy as anything I"ve ever eaten!

Thin White Line (feat. Stickman) - Sam Mullins: a slow burner with a lot of style. Love how all the instruments sit so well in the mix and great vocals.

Thaw (feat. Noon Fifteen) - Samuel B. Lupowitz: what"s not to like about this one. Get Noon Fifteen down to Australia will you Samuel! Unsurprisingly great EP playing in the first half, then the rock out transition was such a cool surprise, great organ and synth work particularly at 4:20 or so! This is my other equal favourite on the whole album.

Maddy Gray - Scott Gould: Enjoyed this a very great deal. A story told well, nice organ playing and overall it has a real presence.

When The Earth Was Flat (feat. Focal Point Band) - Stevie b: Loved this one as well, another band I"d love to see! Loved the synth solo.

A Reasonably Difficult Ballad - thatdude: top notch song with lots to offer. I think you were concerned you shouldn"t submit this: there is zero reason why that was the case, this was excellent.

Blues Command - Theo Vereist: I think this is the perfect way to finish the album. It showcases the variety of the forum and like Samuel said it has a real Tom Waits vibe and that"s a great thing!

Listened to the whole thing, as there wasn't much else to do :). Thoroughly enjoyed all the contributions. Made me realize yet once again how much this is a special place on the web. So much talent. And if there's a "second wave" happening, I have a contribution, a particularly satisfying solo piano piece.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Hey guys this is great! I listened to every song, and as I was going through I felt like I was in an episode of Jools Holland, going around the room with a bunch of great diverse musicians and bands all mixing it up, and the audience loving it all.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Hey guys this is great! I listened to every song, and as I was going through I felt like I was in an episode of Jools Holland, going around the room with a bunch of great diverse musicians and bands all mixing it up, and the audience loving it all.

Great analogy! :thu:

Glad y'all are digging it. Props to everyone who contributed for getting me such high quality work so quickly!

Construction on Volume 2 will begin as soon as I start getting submissions. Info is in the Quarantunes construction thread.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I listened to the entire compilation a few times and love it. Such a diverse group of talented players. Serious production chops too!

Thank you dB for pulling this together.

Thank you David Holloway for your positive feedback.

:yeahthat: Thanks all!

Here for the gear.