Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

jeffincltnc

I'd like to follow a conversation here on Black Friday deals and see what treasures you all are finding.

Some of the things that have my attention:

Arturia V Collection 6 for $249

50% off 175 different Native Instruments individual instruments (including Scarbee Products) - tons here if you buy NI a-la-carte, but nothing on Komplete bundles or Komplete Kontrol keyboard controllers

Dealers going 20-25% off (not published) for Arturia KeyLab MK2 controllers + B3, Stage 73 and Moog Mini full versions added to the bundled Analog Lab

What deal treasures are you all pulling the trigger on?

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one I'm most interested in so far is the Scarbee 50% all products sale.

Scarbee Classic EP-88s

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes--er, electric piano! (This is the newer Scarbee-only product and not the older NI one.)

I REALLY would be interested in Komplete, but it's all individual instruments so far.

Also, apparently Dune 3 release is imminent, I know a lot of people on KVR are waiting on that one!

Valhalla--who doesn't do sales, but everything is 50 bucks anyway--is about to release a tape delay plugin, I may be after that one. Figures the synths I want is from u-he, who doesn't do BF sales! I downloaded Zebra 2, Diva and Repro (1 and 5) and have been playing these in demo mode. I have never heard a better-sounding plugin than Repro; and since I have Alchemy in Logic and other "workhorse" instruments, having a high-quality analog-sounding plugin would be nice. (Heck they are all good though).

To clarify the above, the Native Instruments pricing is a somewhat long sale and not Black Friday or Thanksgiving Week specific, but it unfortunately does not include updates or upgrades, so in most cases those are the same price (even for stuff like Session Strings Pro 2) as buying as a new customer. And of course Komplete is not on special sale either. But if you don't need Komplete or an update or upgrade, the individual prices at 50% off are quite good if you just want a couple of NI products short-term.

Remember, the new Scarbee product is only via their website, so has its own pricing and is not controlled by NI, so on that one you might get lucky.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I'd like to follow a conversation here on Black Friday deals and see what treasures you all are finding.

Some of the things that have my attention:

Arturia V Collection 6 for $249

50% off 175 different Native Instruments individual instruments (including Scarbee Products) - tons here if you buy NI a-la-carte, but nothing on Komplete bundles or Komplete Kontrol keyboard controllers

Dealers going 20-25% off (not published) for Arturia KeyLab MK2 controllers + B3, Stage 73 and Moog Mini full versions added to the bundled Analog Lab

What deal treasures are you all pulling the trigger on?

V Collection upgrade from any legacy product is $99

If you don't have synths like AIR Vacuum Pro, Hybrid 3 and or Loom you can pick them up super cheap. With any purchase at Plugin Boutique, you get Izotope Neutron Elements free.

Hybrid 3+ Expansions $1

Vacuum Pro $1

Loom+Upgrade $4.99

Neutron Elements - Free with any Purchase

I was just working with Vacuum Pro the other night and if you're after a fat, saturated synth sound, it delivers.

Busch.

Impact Soundworks is having a huge sale on their "Shreddage" line of guitars. This is on their second generation of Shreddage products, they will soon be updating to 3rd gen, but 2nd gen owners will be eligible for a major discount when upgrading down the line.

I'm a huge fan of Impact Soundworks and the Shreddage line, as well as many of their other non-guitar VIs. Very tempted to nab the arch top. Just wish they had a fretless bass, that would complete my collection right now.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Impact Soundworks is having a huge sale on their "Shreddage" line of guitars. This is on their second generation of Shreddage products, they will soon be updating to 3rd gen, but 2nd gen owners will be eligible for a major discount when upgrading down the line.

I'm a huge fan of Impact Soundworks and the Shreddage line, as well as many of their other non-guitar VIs. Very tempted to nab the arch top. Just wish they had a fretless bass, that would complete my collection right now.

Definately good cutting tones with Shreddage.

For a Fretless Orangetree has a great sounding one with really good articulations.

IS & Orangetree are my go to Guitars too.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I started with Orangetree, did a lot in Strawberry, but I've been preferring Shreddage 2 as of late. S1 wasn't built for leads, but S2 has the full range and I like it's tone just a little better than Orangetree. Been meaning to see if their Jaco bass is on sale for Black Friday... Nope, nothing yet.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I'm interested in the Arturia V collection. But, I'd like to know the difference between the boxed and download version. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Apogee Digital thru Nov 27 - I'm very tempted to get the Element 24

Open Studio Network (Peter Martin, Geoffrey Keezer, Christian McBride, and many more instructors) Subscriptions, Courses, Packs, Workbooks, and Shirts

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yes, I assume that the rule of not mentioning specific retailers goes out the window for this?

Sweetwater has JBL LSR-305MKII monitors for USD $99 each right now. And they have the Korg Krome on closeout (new model coming I wonder?) at $845 apparently. Guitar Center online has the Yamaha P45 at $399. That's all I've seen so far. Those monitors are tempting.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

For what its worth, I actually grabbed a pair of those monitors for $89 each at Musicians Friend - and if you get there through Retail Me Not, you get $15 back.

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

How's the low end with your CP4?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I just ordered them up last night, actually - looking forward to testing them out on the CP4 as soon as I get the chance. Anythings a step up from the tiny monitors I use now, but Im definitely hoping it can handle a better range on the low end.

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

Wednesday I needed some stuff. I called my Sweetwater guy and asked if I should wait for Friday or Cyber Monday. He looked up the stuff and said no but I would get additional discounts that do occur. I ordered my stuff early in case you guys tried to buy it all first.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Halion 6 is half off...it's one of the big "do everything" sample-based synths, in some ways similar to Falcon and Omnisphere.

I'm not sold on what I have heard, especially the natural instruments (pianos strings etc) but they offer a 30-day full featured demo so I'm giving it a whirl. I have Logic so considering that comes with Alchemy this probably isn't a real need. I also don't like either iLok or e-licenser, given a choice I'll take the friendlier copy protection from Garritan, XLN and u-he that I've experienced....

Also, eventually I'd like to get Komplete (for Kontact, fm8 and reaktor mostly) so I'll probably hold off and wait for a sale on Komplete down the road.

All that said, 150 bucks for something that can do what Halion can do seems like a great deal if you have the need for an all-rounder.

I'm torn between getting myself a $500 Deepmind 12 or a nice fly tying kit. Totally different wormholes of my personality, but I don't want to get both at once.

Don't get started! If I was not a fly tier, I could afford a Nord Stage, Prophet X, and probably a Moog One to tie it all together.

Archived