Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg: Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go

burningbusch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's that time of the year again...:crazy:

The time when it should come as no surprise if Roland announces the company intends to become a major popcorn manufacturer and Yamaha issues a press release that it has acquired the Behringer company...

If this is an April Fools joke, it likely the most elaborate one ever in the MI industry as they've apparently duped Apple. It's listed at the App Store as a free update in version 1.10.

http://cdn.korg.com/us/products/upload/e16b996f6f71cf9c9095469d64ab8cb0_pc.png

http://cdn.korg.com/us/products/upload/b6ff3172695ddc226c04bfb22ee6359c_pc.png

http://cdn.korg.com/us/products/upload/69d0937b0bc451a2391a5f42bd948424_pc.png

Busch.

[video:youtube]

Busch.

This reminds me of Simon Pegg's attempt to re-make "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" starring only little people and dwarves. I would have needed that on Blu-Ray for sure.

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

Korg is an European country?

All hail the King!!!

korg-kingkorg-173812.png

I know that's a joke, but the King Korg is high on my list of Great Synths Whose Keys Suck So Fiercely That You Should Only Play Them From A Controller. Its an outstanding engine (& GUI) that should be available as a module. I tried one out and the keys felt pretty wretched, but the knob-playing aspect was sweet, sigh. It invites you to shred.

~ Warren Ellis

I know that's a joke, but the King Korg is high on my list of Great Synths Whose Keys Suck So Fiercely That You Should Only Play Them From A Controller. Its an outstanding engine (& GUI) that should be available as a module. I tried one out and the keys felt pretty wretched, but the knob-playing aspect was sweet, sigh. It invites you to shred.

Shred indeed. It helps that the all time greatest keyboard solo ever committed to YT was done on it.

[video:youtube]

Moe

---

Was about to post the same thing. Apparently Cory doesnt mind the bad keys....

+1 to this, no question! Loosely speaking, Cory is to jazz keys what Jordan Rudess is to prog. I should tape pictures of them to the bathroom mirror over a sign that states WOODSHED MORE. They both set the bar high. The King Korg keys made me wince, but mine *are* just one set of hands.

I've owned a Mini and a MultiMoog, which I greatly enjoyed wringing out, but the Monopoly makes the explosion of various Minis seem a bit quaint. (I use a Legacy version.) For me, its much more flexible and inviting. A MiniMoog is like a seasoned cello; a Monopoly is more like a guitar synthesizer. I sure am glad to have laid hands to both.

~ Warren Ellis

Was about to post the same thing. Apparently Cory doesnt mind the bad keys....

+1 to this, no question! .................. The King Korg keys made me wince, but mine *are* just one set of hands.

:thu: and that is completely valid. When it comes to things like keyboard feel, it truly becomes very subjective.

What works for you might not work for me, and vice versa.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived