Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using the Nord Drum?

Ulf

I'm thinking about buying a Nord Drum 3P. I have just tried the Nord Drum 2 (+ pads) it on NAMM, but never the 3P in a live setting. Any experiences out there?

I have an older Roland SPD that I use for some effects and to add loops and percussion stuff, but rarely samples anything on my own. But some pads are starting to get a little unreliable and I need to look for something else.

Rock bottom bass

Fakebook Pro Sheet Music Reader - at every gig!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an ND2+Pad and it is a blast to play. I think the 3P is the same + reverb and integrated. I started with a ND1 and my drummer uses it now with a Fat Kat pedal for kick. Very musical and dynamic.

What would you like to know?

Never had a chance to try one, and for some reason it has never taken off. If you watch the drum solo competitions on Youtube you will se a LOT of SPD-30's integrated into acoustic sets. I've only seen one Nord in the hundreds of video's that I have watched.

I have the SPD-30 and an SPD-10 that is still going strong after all these years.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

i had one and enjoyed it. i have quite a few demos and a review on my channel. it was the older model though, the ND2 + pads. I preferred playing it with fingers on a synth keyboard via midi. Would quite like to pickup a ND1 just for this purpose. It does sound really excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WoodyPianoShack

hang out with me at woody piano shack

I think it's all about the samples.

In the acoustic piano world, Nord brings serious game with their samples. They seem to take this s**t very, very seriously. All good.

I'm guessing that it extends to the percussion world.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I think it's all about the samples.

In the acoustic piano world, Nord brings serious game with their samples.

Nord Drum 3P though has no samples - it's all synthesis.

Some modular users like to drive the Drum and Drum 2 by sending CV to the trigger inputs. They haven't been on board w/ the Drum 3P because it only has one trigger input, and no module-only option.

People who buy electronic drum stuff tend to want to load samples - could be one reason the Nord Drum line isn't as widely used as the Rolands. Of course the Rolands have been around longer too.

Archived