Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dream rigs (warning: gear pr0n inside)

Dave Bryce

Brandon, you need a MiniMoog.

dB

It's amazing that you said that - I've been thinking the same thing for the last few months. Getting very serious about it. I think it would be very difficult to find a vintage one in my area - is the new one a good option?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brandon.... that sir is the perfect setup ! I need to downsize and just keep the most important pieces and a cpl of gig boards.

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Brandon.... that sir is the perfect setup ! I need to downsize and just keep the most important pieces and a cpl of gig boards.

Thanks! My little music room is running out of space. I have room for a Minimoog above my DX7, then I think I'm done (yeah, right)

Thanks for sharing, Dave. I'm showing this one to my wife. Maybe it will get her as excited as I am for new gear.

Or maybe not.

Do let us know how that turns out, won't you?

Dude, in your face.

The wife said "Wow, that looks serious. If you're into it, we should talk".

Not to mention, she's agreed to buy a Music House for me to do my thing. Not sure how that's going to work out. Basically, it's a sidecar property where I can do my music thing outside of her space. YES!!

I'll keep y'all posted on how this male fantasy works out :)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Yikes! Lots of dreams realized here. Thanks for the pictures.

Real MC, I am very impressed, but I see a very well loved Leslie tucked away there. Some how, that's my favourite piece. Why didn't it make it into this thread?

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2780339/Searchpage/1/Main/185350/Words/Dig+my+wreck/Search/true/Dig_My_Wreck#Post2780339

:)

We should charter a bus and do a KC studio tour. Figure about a month. Of course we'll need some live music on the bus. And beer. And a couple of pole dancer. On second thought, I don't care where they're from :rimshot:

Where's Tom? We need him on the planning committee. Who's in?

You reckon you would get a leave pass for a month on that bus?

No worries, I'll just issue an executive order. :puff: :steve:

...sigh... :facepalm:

..and, displaying incredibly bad form, I feel compelled to let that slide because it's deeply funny. :idk:

Dammit. :mad:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

dB, do you remember a guy posting here in the forum several years back who was collecting classic synths (around '02, maybe)? I remember he posted pictures of +20 synths in a gorgeous space (corner room in a house overlooking a garden); I think he was a lawyer, but could be mistaken.

Now that was a dream setup.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Hey db, quick question. Loved the Wakeman interview. Which EV speakers is he using there, were they the ZLX-12Ps or the EKX-12Ps. I remember him saying 12" and full range. Thanks in advance!

ETX-12P. Here ya go:

Klonk Here

Thanks Moonglow. I appreciate that.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I don't need more gear. What I want is to get them out of the basement...

In the meantime, I hope you have like quadruple backup on your sump pump.

I purposely chose a place that is on high ground and a long way away from any lake or river. The surrounding geology is gravel so rainwater drains quickly. The house is less than twenty years old. Water is not a problem here.

Yikes! Lots of dreams realized here. Thanks for the pictures.

Real MC, I am very impressed, but I see a very well loved Leslie tucked away there. Some how, that's my favourite piece. Why didn't it make it into this thread?

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2780339/Searchpage/1/Main/185350/Words/Dig+my+wreck/Search/true/Dig_My_Wreck#Post2780339

My bad...

I did get a 2nd Leslie for gigging as I didn't want to haul the other one up and down the stairs. I happened to find a fixer-upper cheap, it had been stored in a barn for a few years. Replaced the belts, the bass speaker, and the cabinet got a paint job as the tolex no longer adhered to the cabinet. I acquired it after I took the pictures I posted, I'll get a pic of it up here soon.

After lusting after some of your rooms (and realizing my studio pales by comparison) I hesitate to post these pics. But, I had just cleaned up the studio - even though it doesn't look like it - and would like it documented for posterity.

http://midinut.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_2187.jpg

http://midinut.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_2188.jpg

http://midinut.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_2189.jpg

#1) Arturia KeyLab 61 / Yamaha MOXF6, MBP, Korg M3-73 / Korg Kronos 88/NanoPad2 (Martin Acoustic in case)

#2) Akai EWI USB/iPad controlling X18R mixer & MiniLab / Keystation 88 / POD X3 Live on floor (plus Variax in case)

#3) BX8 Monitors, Practice Desk (and gaming PC) w/Keystation 49 & MBP or iPad Air into SSv3 on floor.

Also Behringer B212a, B215Ds, B1200 Subs & DriveRack PX in Studio Flyer with mixer. Assorted guitars and basses hanging on walls.

My wife's computer desk is on the other side of my PC so she can see and hear when I'm goofing off in there.

It's not much, but it's a lot of fun and keeps me out of trouble (mostly). Let's not even ask about the VSTs in the MacBook please...

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

dB, do you remember a guy posting here in the forum several years back who was collecting classic synths (around '02, maybe)? I remember he posted pictures of +20 synths in a gorgeous space (corner room in a house overlooking a garden); I think he was a lawyer, but could be mistaken.

Now that was a dream setup.

Roland Fraser.

I believe he sold most of that stuff.

dB

My wife wanted the guest room back....
Unacceptable. :hitt:

dB

You do remember that you have met my wife, yes? :Python:

Yes. She's quite nice. I know she wants you to be happy. No question in my mind at all.

dB

Man, you guys are a BAD INFLUENCE.

I'm getting a dedicated music place in a about a month. I'm dreaming about all the synths I couldn't afford back in the day.

Not to mention, scoring a B3+Leslie rig. On the bucket list.

APs I've got covered authentically. Between my Nords and soft keyboards on the computer, I should be dialed.

Or roll in an acoustic grand :) Thinking about shipping my N3 to the new lair.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

As promised, a pic of my gigging Leslie 760 rescued from a barn and lovingly restored. After I saw it refinished with the black paint, I decided it needed something more. So I added the Marshall logo to mess with guitar gearheads, which has accomplished its purpose "Marshall never made a rotating speaker cabinet!" :taz:

I will have a good laugh when this picture shows up on guitar forums and gearheads start asking where they can find the ultra-rare "Marshall" rotating speaker :laugh::facepalm:

http://www.retrosynth.com/~analoguediehard/tour/leslie-760/leslie-marshall.jpg

I have used it onstage with a backline of Marshall cabinets, and I gotta say it just fits with "that look".

Brandon, you need a MiniMoog.

dB

is the new one a good option?

Yes, :2thu: it's a very good option.

Agreed.

dB

+1..! I tried the new Mini a few days ago, it's really something..! I love the extra LFO. There is something very hands-on with the Mini D design, it invites you to play. One osc, a little modulation and you're good to go. Two oscs and you'll be blowing subs. Three and the extra LFO and "Flash Light" has never sounded better..! 🤘

Kate's a sweetheart and very supportive. I'm sure when the tour bus stops by she'll be all to happy to help haul our equipment....up to the guest room. :keynana:
Fortunately we only have one floor, but yes, she would do that...!

I added the Marshall logo to mess with guitar gearheads
I used to catch a lot of shit from people, that thought I was conceited enough to put my name on the speaker cabinets. Even though it was the guitarist's gear... :facepalm:

Archived