Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

10 Years on KC

Bobadohshe

I can't believe it was Christmas of 2006 when I finally created an account and posted to Keyboard Corner. I think I came to the forum because I was searching for info about amplification and ended up learning about the Accugroove cabs.

I was very quickly onto other topics, and 10 years later I have learned an uncountable amount of helpful information about all things keyboard and indeed some broader parts of life. This place has very much shaped my career as a musician and I can say without exaggeration that I would be much less of a player in many ways were it not for this online community.

So thanks brethren (and Merry Christmas). Here's to another 10 years.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations Bobby, your contributions are an important part of what makes this community special. Thanks for taking the time to post over the past ten years.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Congrats, Bobby !

Glad that we got a chance to meet at Winter NAMM 2010, almost a year after I signed up here. Have learned a lot from your forum contributions, and from listening to your audio/video tracks - especially that recent FB post of live Christmas carol playing (no small amount of chops there, my brother..).

Looking forward to reading and hearing more from you..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Thank you everyone. I have learned so much from everyone. There is so much to know, especially for younger cats who didn't come up WITH the gear that the older guys around here came up with. I still am learning - that's what it's all about!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

Here's to another ten, Bob :cheers:

And to commemorate this event, I propose you reinstate your original dreadlock avatar for one month!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Great to have you around Bobby. You give as much if not more than you take. IOW, you've been a great member of the community to have around. I mean, because of you, many of us can say, "I know the organ player for the Padres"! :D

Keep up the good work. :2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Go Bobby, go! I'm so glad to have met you at my first or second NAMM nearly 10 years ago and glad we've been able to connect almost yearly since then. I love keeping up with your musical projects and your Aussie. You're a great guy and a great musician! Congrats on this milestone!

Go Bobby, go! I'm so glad to have met you at my first or second NAMM nearly 10 years ago and glad we've been able to connect almost yearly since then.

NAMM '08 with the Joey D concert is one of my great Forum memories. Eric you are the man. Thank you for helping me out when my gear got stolen in 2011. Hope to see you at NAMM again.

I mean, because of you, many of us can say, "I know the organ player for the Padres"! :D

Technically true for now. (Though we have yet to connect IRL.)

Bobby, congrats on your 10th year here. Looks like we're in the same graduating class. Just realized I've been here for 10 and some change too.

You're definitely a source of inspiration and invaluable member. Stick around mayne. :thu:

I've definitely got to make it out to the west coast in 2017 to chop it up with you and the rest of my KC brethren on that side of the country. Same goes for the Midwest and South.

For some reason, Marky, Noah and Eric don't like to tell me when they're heading out to Cali. Don't get me started on Dave D...he lives right up the street and won't meet me at Chuck's. :laugh:

The only reason I won't call those guys selfish is because they do open their homes, supply KBs, food and drinks for the MAKCFH. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived