Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Neo-Soul Keys Studio

ElmerJFudd

Too early to say what's what, but they are working on the EPs at Gospel Musicians.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio coming soon:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9239jn5CG_Y

Hey guys....I guess 2016 is the year for Electric Pianos. Don't unleash your wallet yet. Neo-Soul Keys® Studio coming soon:

Standalone VST with a new CPU optimized streaming engine

VKFX from Overloud Built in

VKFX from Overloud standalone FX for your DAW includeOver 80 New electric pianos including New Versions

(22GB Library)

Mark I Stage

Mark II Stage

Mark V Stage

Wurli 200

Clavinet

Over 20 new mechanical FX tine noises with independent AMP, Gain, Velocity curve, Velocity Amount controls

Ability to swap in and out Mechanical FX slots

Simple Serial Number Registration system

http://gospelmusicians.s3.amazonaws.com/Misc_Ads/NSK_Studio.png

These are the guys they cut a bundle deal with for the FX:

http://www.overloud.com/en/products-16/vkfx.html

They do offer demo:

http://www.overloud.com/en/form-18/download.html

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw that a day or so ago and was wondering why they went to their own engine after first Kontakt and then UVI Workstation.

Also, I haven't had a chance to check yet to see what's new.

As I kind of shifted over to UVI's comprehensive Rhodes suite recently, I think I remember that was because for jazz I usually wanted one of the less commonly sampled models.

So I'm going to guess this product is a competitive response to that one, to flesh out all the choices.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Just checked, and it seems the main addition EP-wise is a Clav, but of course the Rhodes set is being fleshed out to cover most if not all of the models through the years -- and that in itself is no small thing (being that it is why I switched to the UVI-released product recently, as for Jazz I usually use something other than Mk I or Mk II).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Just checked, and it seems the main addition EP-wise is a Clav, but of course the Rhodes set is being fleshed out to cover most if not all of the models through the years -- and that in itself is no small thing (being that it is why I switched to the UVI-released product recently, as for Jazz I usually use something other than Mk I or Mk II).

Actually There are Way more EP Additions:

1. New Mark I

2. New Mark II

3. New Mark V

4. 3 New Wurlis

5. New Hybrid EPs

A ton of other rompler style suited better for Jazz as you say. We realize that people don't need all of the detail, but something that cuts through the mix.

• 2 months later...

Not finding the crossgrade at their website. Any ideas?

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Found it. I was expecting a crossgrade to imply that if you had another product (i.e. Lounge Lizard, Scarbee, etc.) that they were offering a "crossgrade". It appears to only be an "upgrade" from existing Neo-Soul Keys products. Oh well, introductory price is still sweet.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

It's a cross-grade because the platform has been changed yet again. This time from UVI to a home-grown platform.

Bought it the moment it came out, but after installation,......no sound, but i did have incoming midi data.

Hurray for all the other forums , because Jamal gave the answer i was looking for (i PM'ed him for the second time at the pianoworld forums, but my post disappeared because of sudden forum maintenance :mad:)

Jamal at gearslutz :

2. If you are getting no sound, then simply go to Settings and Choose the Sample Folder. You'll have to reboot though. It prompts you to choose the sample folder, but we think a lot of guys, out of excitement, are clicking the Ignore.

Bingo,.....now i was finally able to put the neosoul studio keys through its paces. :cool:

The suitcase piano's are sublime and so is the new Wurlitzer.

I had to temper most presets a bit, because of a truckload of mechanical noises and other subtleties.

They sound totally awesome, but for my moderate taste a tiny bit to much at times,..

The amount of controls is stunning, so it is a matter of taking the time to create your own favorite user presets.

I personally don't care for the EX5 renderings, because of the superb quality of the suitcase and stage models......so it's a nice add on, but not my personal cup of tea. Others may enjoy it though.....

I do like clavinets,.......but i covered a lot of Stevie Wonder tracks that were mostly recorded with multiple parts on the records.

My live settings had to be funky and transparent, because i played a lot of lines and grooves to achieve the sound of the record.

I created those multi layered patches on my integra7 and i really liked the end product.

This Neosoul clav sounds really authentic, but i guess i am used to my hybrid clavs that contained clav, synth and other layers to get what i wanted.

All in all an absolute bargin for 79,-(introduction price)

I don't think i will purchase another electric piano library anytime soon.

This will serve me for years to come.

Thanks Gospel Muscians !!!

Really great sound and upgrade from Kontakt.

I downloaded and installed it 2nd time and only need to know which CC# is working for damper Pedal.

No visible Pedal for MIDI Learn and cc64 works on the release fader of the ADSR Pop up, but not damper.

If anyone else can verify CC64 works for damper.

All MIDI Monitors in project window show it's there, can us cc64 to control any knob on the GUI. Just can't find the damper CC.

Ankyu

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Heywood -

How is it an upgrade from Kontakt? Are you referring to what is available sound wise or the actual experience of using Kontakt itself? I'm curious as an all day long Kontakt user.

:nopity:

Heywood -

How is it an upgrade from Kontakt? Are you referring to what is available sound wise or the actual experience of using Kontakt itself? I'm curious as an all day long Kontakt user.

Before this product, there were versions of Neo Soul Keys that used Kontakt, UVI Workstation, and Halion as players.

Heywood -

Kontakt through and through here too, I meant to say crossgrade.

Keyscape, Neo- Soul and PianoTeq 5 Pro make me smile.

I mix and match layers, go solo, add FM Partials.....luving this stuff.

The EX5 Suitcase through a Pitch Shifter gives me goose bumps.

I got 2 x Mod Wheels, one for AUX FX.

Slow Pitch Shift then Reverb Mix and Pitch Shift rate on an Expression Pedal.

Crank it up for beautiful Electric Piano shakes....

Saw Rufus way back in the TX816 days, and although not on the album, the keyboard player had killer voicing s and Wall of FM Sickness as his EP on Through The Fire.

Tweaked EX5 Suit a little then gave it Hardware FX...

FAT BASTARDS are back.....

Sorry if I got a trifle excited..

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I'm liking what this does so far, though there are some technical issues I'm still working through. There were some installation hangups which were frustrating, but their tech support was helpful in getting them resolved. Ongoing issue is that some of the Clav samples aren't working. One of the sample sets only responds to a very narrow velocity range; hit the note too hard or too soft and the sample doesn't trigger (although oddly, the note-off sample does trigger when you let the key go). And on another set, only the A's and Ab's work; the other keys don't respond. I'm really hoping to get that resolved, because the sounds are pretty killer.

I'm liking what this does so far, though there are some technical issues I'm still working through. There were some installation hangups which were frustrating, but their tech support was helpful in getting them resolved. Ongoing issue is that some of the Clav samples aren't working. One of the sample sets only responds to a very narrow velocity range; hit the note too hard or too soft and the sample doesn't trigger (although oddly, the note-off sample does trigger when you let the key go). And on another set, only the A's and Ab's work; the other keys don't respond. I'm really hoping to get that resolved, because the sounds are pretty killer.

The suitcase is killer,...... wow they nailed that one and i was looking for that specific sound. The new Scarbee Rhodes was on my wishlist, but couldn't convince me at all based on the sound examples. It sounds very detailed and hifi, but it doesn't have the dirt and bark i was looking for. Neosoul studio keys has it in abbundance.

I too have some strange behaviour,...... i had occasional but abrupt cut offs in sound dialing in chorus or preamp.

I also noticed that the wurli is a tiny bit to detuned, but the clav is simply out of tune ( does not add to a certain "realness" for me personally )

The equall temperament intervals in some chords are to far off in some cases.

Now i am a pianotuner, so maybe i am overly critical, but all Rhodes are within the right tuning frame......... so to speak.

I know the Gemini clav was far worse up to unplayable for a critical ear, so maybe it is a problem to get a good clav tuner in the studio before recording ?

Because i cannot imagine that a proper craftsman could ever agree with this kind of detuning margin.

But the joy from the whole package is much greater than those few annoying things, i am sure can be solved through future updates.

A superb investment for just $ 79.00 !!!!

Archived