Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: "Godspeed, John Glenn."

drawback

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was born in 1959 as well. RIP Mr. Glenn.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

My family played a key role in the NASA moon missions. I never met John Glenn, but he was always a personal hero of mine, and was one of many reasons why I wanted to be an astronaut, until I lost my 20/20 vision.

I especially admired the risk he took late in life to go up in space so we can learn how it affects an aging body.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I especially admired the risk he took late in life to go up in space so we can learn how it affects an aging body.

We will most likely never see again someone who was so diverse and excelled at everything he did. Engineer, astronaut, then US Senator. RIP sir.

:nopity:

I was born in 1958, and lived through much of what John Glenn detailed in his 2000 autobiography. Quite a life he had. Certainly someone I've always admired.

RIP, John Glenn !

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Another hero gone. He was one of our best.

I played an artist gig on the USS Intrepid for Glenn and the Joint Chiefs. The artist sat next to Mrs. Glenn and engaged her in conversation. He found out that she was a church organist. He said to her, "Would you believe our piano player was a church organist?" "No," she said. Yeah, well.

Alan Sheppard may have been first, but I'll always associate John Glenn with being the face and heart of the space program.

Thank you JG!

If you have never read The Right Stuff, I highly recommend it.The book is much better than the movie.

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Archived