Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - autonomous driving - what the car sees video

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. I question the decision to play the recording back at at least double speed. It made the stops and pauses seem jerky and awkward for one thing. If you watch the speedometer, it's dialed in to 25 mph for most of the run, reaching 35 in a few spots, but it looks like it's going 70. Nice parallel parking job though.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I went past two bad accidents within a couple hours yesterday. One I saw happen, the other had a car up on its side and it must of just happened.

One weekend a couple months ago my family almost got t-boned twice by people flying through red lights at 50+ mph. We had to screech to a halt both times.

I don't care how buggy driverless cars are, they can't be worse than the status quo. Take a (safe) peek around you and check out how many people have their faces bent over a phone...that plus the insane aggressive driving I see everyday....hey buddy, your weaving through lanes and riding 3 feet from everyone's *** just gained you about 30 seconds over the past 5 miles...

I don't care how buggy driverless cars are, they can't be worse than the status quo.

Totally agree. Elon Musk has made the point that self-driving cars will have their failures and cause some number of fatalities, but these should be measured against the 30,000+ annual U.S. highway fatalities that arise from the status quo. There's going to be kind of a weird transition period, though, while human drivers co-exist with self-driving vehicles.

^ This is very true. I can't count the number of times I've been tearing down and exchanged farewells with a club goer, and all I can think is "Please let that person be off the road by the time I get loaded up..."

Archived