Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jeff Beck/Buddy Guy at the Hollywood Bowl

Dave Bryce

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh man. I love Beck. "Wired" and "Live with the Jan Hammer Group" have been in my rotation for 30 years. I even have a Beck edition Fender Strat, seafoam green. The only endorsed instrument I have ever bought. ... Well, other than congas. But still. Would love to see him live, without the use of my DVD player.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Yes...

Jan Hammer did, in fact, come out and play Freeway Jam, Cause We've Ended As Lovers, Star Cycle, Blue Wind and a few more.

Other guests included Billy GIbbons and Steven Tyler. Rhonda Smith killed it on bass.

Good show!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

How did I miss this? Oh yeah, I did not check Keyboard Corner yesterday.... GRRR

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Yes...

Jan Hammer did, in fact, come out and play Freeway Jam, Cause We've Ended As Lovers, Star Cycle, Blue Wind and a few more.

Other guests included Billy GIbbons and Steven Tyler. Rhonda Smith killed it on bass.

Good show!

dB

I'm sure this was absolutely no fun whatsoever. ;)

Other guests included Billy GIbbons

dB

I'm going to see Billy Gibbons with his regular band :D in a month.

Gov't Mule is the opening act. Danny Louis kills it on the keys in that band. :thu:

Hot damn, that should be a fun night.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Star Cycle!!!!!!

I know, right? :cool::boing:

Always totally dug that tune, but never figured I'd see it live. When Jan started up the sequence for that, I couldn't believe it.

Did I mention that the encore was Purple Rain, with all the guests on stage and the entire Hollywood Bowl singing the chorus? :rawk:

dB

Wow !

Some days ago I tought about what he might do musically now.

And he played what ?

Any DP, MOOG or Korg Triton Extreme or Kronos ?

I´d like to see that,- any video clips uploaded from that show?

A.C.

Any DP, MOOG or Korg Triton Extreme or Kronos ?

Korg Triton Extreme. On an X stand.

Some stuff you can only get in LA or NY...

True. Last week, I went to Barbra Streisand's "Freinds and Family" dress rehearsal concert the night before her first show for her current tour here in LA. Babyface, Seth MacFarlane and Jamie Foxx all showed up and sang with her. That was fun...

dB

Did I forget to mention how jealous, I mean insanely happy I am for you?

Says the guy playing lots of music whilst living on an island in the Pacific. :poke::D:wave:

dB

true this, Jerry. Haven't been to that specific island where you reside yet, hope to do so one day. :cheers:

:nopity:

Did I forget to mention how jealous, I mean insanely happy I am for you?

Says the guy playing lots of music whilst living on an island in the Pacific. :poke::D:wave:

dB

True, true... but some days it's just not Jan Hammer playing with Jeff Beck good.

Jerry

Yes, but Jan gets all his lead sounds from the MOSS board option. Basically a Z1 engine.

Ah fair enough!

Was just being cheeky about the thought of a legend like that getting organs and EPs from ANY keyboard of that age plus an x-stand.

I'm telling myself that he played real Rhodes anyway. If he didn't please do not spoil my comforting fantasy. ;)

And yes those MOSS leads do kick a disproportionately large amount of ass!

Archived