Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brian May is 69!

whitefang

Always liked this guy's style. Never saw him perform live, but in films and video's I've seen him in, he looked far more casual than many others while going about doing what he did.

He's had the dual status of being both underrated and highly appreciated.

Underrated by non-playing music listeners, but highly appreciated by players. Non-playing listeners gravitated more to loud, brash and flashy "wankers" which May never was.

He was always a classy(my take) soloist who seemed more interested in the excellence of results than being showy. :cool:

Happy birthday, Brian.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always liked this guy's style. Never saw him perform live, but in films and video's I've seen him in, he looked far more casual than many others while going about doing what he did.

He's had the dual status of being both underrated and highly appreciated.

Underrated by non-playing music listeners, but highly appreciated by players. Non-playing listeners gravitated more to loud, brash and flashy "wankers" which May never was.

He was always a classy(my take) soloist who seemed more interested in the excellence of results than being showy. :cool:

Happy birthday, Brian.

Whitefang

He also earned a Doctorate in Astrophysics. Pretty cool, huh?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

He also earned a Doctorate in Astrophysics. Pretty cool, huh?

He is also active in the practice & publishing of both historical & contemporary 3D photography.

Yeah, I'd seen that! Cool. :cool:

AND he campaigns against the culling of BADGERS!!!!

Betcha didn't know that!!! :D

Seriously, he's a great guitarist. Ever tried to reproduce his sound?

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

He is also active in the practice & publishing of both historical & contemporary 3D photography.

I tried that, and it ain't easy.

Now I like him even MORE! :laugh:

Whitefang

AND he campaigns against the culling of BADGERS!!!!

Betcha didn't know that!!! :D

Seriously, he's a great guitarist. Ever tried to reproduce his sound?

G.

How cool izzatt?! :cool::2thu:

Badger as he May (Giant Photo-Image Linky-Linky)

Love his tone and sounds and effects, not to mention his stellar, seminal, innovative, trend-setting and highly HUGELY influential playing and composition. He's definitely and definitively one of the All-Time Greats. Problem is trying NOT to sound too derivative of him and others!

I have read stories about Brian and his dad building his hand made original designed guitar, the red special, when he was just 16. Happy Birthday to a great guitar slinger! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

I tried that, and it ain't easy.

Now I like him even MORE! :laugh:

Whitefang

A close friend of mine is a 3D photographer/photo artist & she has the various books that Brian May has published or curated. She has a photo of herself & Brian at a 3D symposium last year in Utah. Apparently in that world he's treated like just another skilled photo artist, not a rock star.

Scott Fraser

A close friend of mine is a 3D photographer/photo artist & she has the various books that Brian May has published or curated. She has a photo of herself & Brian at a 3D symposium last year in Utah. Apparently in that world he's treated like just another skilled photo artist, not a rock star.

Former Mahavishnu bassist RICK LAIRD is also a photographer who's well respected in the photography world.

I've seen some of Rick's work and it's dandy, but I haven't seen any of May's. NOW I'll have to do some digging! :)

Whitefang

Archived