Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My DMC 122 Got Here Today... Trashed!!

kwyn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all of the above. But this does not bode well for Crumar's build quality. If the box was not damaged, this means that the screws and other components inside were not secured or designed properly and worked their way loose during shipping. Not a good thing for a product that gets moved around all the time.

So what did the box look like?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

box and interior packing are perfect

This is a bad sign...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Man that sucks ! Im sure you were so excited to see it arrive, only to unpack it and find this , sheer disappointment . Im sure it will be taken care of, too much reputation on the line, but , this is why I will never buy a board that does not have a USA point of service / contact / dealer .

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

box and interior packing are perfect

This is a bad sign...

+1 Once again, it seems that Crumar's QC is being called into question.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Back in the 80's there was a popular west coast lighting company named "Berkey Colortran". They actually made some very good products, both lighting fixtures and control. In the 80's they came out with a new lighting controller in their high end "Prestige" line that basically turned into a disaster. Not only would the computer crash at the most in opportune times (I personally lost two shows on it, and the backups did not work properly), it seemed as if they did not do any quality testing on shipping integrity. Many of their lighting boards showed up to their customers with screws and circuit boards rattling around.

Colortran did not last much longer.

OK. I spoke to Andrea and she is sure that it is FEDEX throwing the box around.

It is very possible that FEDEX is at fault. When I was having customs issues last week, one the the representatives mentioned something about it being in a "Bomb Cage" until they were able to realize what it was.

So, there's a good chance that FEDEX is to blame rather than CRUMAR.

Andrea promised to make it right. I believe they really stand by their product.

It's good to talk about it... these are the first of the DMCs to roll off the production line, is that right? Let's see if Crumar can straighten this out properly and improve. The action is stock Fatar TP-8O... I wonder if it's the action that's buggered or some other screws/parts that came loose and got caught in the action.

Generally people have good experience with the Mojo?.

Crumar has other products in the pipe line as well. I think they'll rectify. But a little heat to get it right early on is a good thing.

Did Andrea issue you an RA#?. Will you pay for return shipping or they?. Will the broken unit have to be in their possession before they send out a new one?.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I really hope you get sorted, but if the box and interior packing are perfect, quite clearly your parcel can't have been handled by Fedex in a manner beyond what might reasonably be expected by the sender unless they stuck it on a vibration plate for three days! I've received parcels which have taken really bad dinks to the external packaging but the item inside has been fine.

Thanks Aidan... yes I'm a guy :-)

By the way, for your information, I just had a note from fedex... they told me that some packages out from here on 5 August suffered handling problems and one is still on their warehouses in USA... I don't know this, but they told me that you had a storm last week???

BTW, like we always do, we are taking care of our customers, they don't have to pay nothing... they simply will receive a replacement unit even if we are closed for summer holiday.

Do you really think that we use to ship keyboards already damaged? :-)

Many customers know very well our dedication to customer support, no one was left alone even if we are miles away from USA.

Our quality control is very strict but unfortunately we can't be 100 % sure about shipping... for example we used to ship with DHL in 2012-2013... we decide to switch to FEDEX even if more expensive just because DHL caused us a lot of problems with damages... with fedex is another story but, unfortunately, problems can happen... the most important thing is to solve as soon as possible and we are always present for this.

thanks

Andrea Agnoletto

www.crumar.it

info@crumar.it

www.crumar.it

info@crumar.it

Thanks Aidan... yes I'm a guy :-)

By the way, for your information, I just had a note from fedex... they told me that some packages out from here on 5 August suffered handling problems and one is still on their warehouses in USA... I don't know this, but they told me that you had a storm last week???

BTW, like we always do, we are taking care of our customers, they don't have to pay nothing... they simply will receive a replacement unit even if we are closed for summer holiday.

Do you really think that we use to ship keyboards already damaged? :-)

Many customers know very well our dedication to customer support, no one was left alone even if we are miles away from USA.

Our quality control is very strict but unfortunately we can't be 100 % sure about shipping... for example we used to ship with DHL in 2012-2013... we decide to switch to FEDEX even if more expensive just because DHL caused us a lot of problems with damages... with fedex is another story but, unfortunately, problems can happen... the most important thing is to solve as soon as possible and we are always present for this.

thanks

Andrea Agnoletto

www.crumar.it

info@crumar.it

Yes. And thank you dealing with this quickly and for sending the replacement out ASAP and I appreciate all your quick communications.

I'm sorry if this topic caused any issues as it could very well be the fault of the shipper (FedEx). I highly doubt that the product would have sent out in this condition as the damage was VERY obvious. Therefore, my best conclusion is that FEDEX is at fault (not CRUMAR)

Andrea... I don't think anyone accused you of shipping already damaged products. What this looks like is your product not being properly "ship proofed". Meaning that normal, or even excessive vibrations from shipping works screws and other components loose.

Like I said above, your company would not be the only one who experienced this problem. My first Hammond XK came to me in a similar condition. Hammond IMMEDIATELY shipped another one to me without even asking me to send back the original right away. I received the new organ the next day (they overnighted it at their expense).

I hope that Crumar does the right thing for our colleague on this list.

Andrea... I don't think anyone accused you of shipping already damaged products. What this looks like is your product not being properly "ship proofed". Meaning that normal, or even excessive vibrations from shipping works screws and other components loose.

+1

Like I said above, your company would not be the only one who experienced this problem. My first Hammond XK came to me in a similar condition. Hammond IMMEDIATELY shipped another one to me without even asking me to send back the original right away. I received the new organ the next day (they overnighted it at their expense).

Andrea said he'd ship a new one in 3 days. I'm guessing that means I'll see it in a week or so. So, I'll still be playing my SK2 and VB3 1.4 for a bit.

Obviously we will do.

Our boxes and packaging materials have an overseas certification but is some particular cases they are not sufficient... I don't know what happens in this particular case but, for example, back in 2013, one box went under a truck wheel... in a case like this you need a box made of steel :-)

What is really important is that instruments need to be perfectly working and tested before packing and that, in the case something went wrong during shipping, the seller will reply in few minutes... this is our way of working.

In the case of this guy, due to a very bad handling (I think the box felt down from somewhere) the lower keyboard is now completely destroyed, and the sound he is hearing inside is the sound of plastic pieces of keyboard...

cheers

Andrea

www.crumar.it

info@crumar.it

Andrea said he'd ship a new one in 3 days. I'm guessing that means I'll see it in a week or so. So, I'll still be playing my SK1 and VB3 1.4 for a bit.

Why is it taking three days? Do they build them when they are ordered?

I would be packing one for you right now and heading to the FedEx office in the morning (it is evening right now in Italy).

Unless you are in the habit of shipping equipment regularly, you would be surprised what can happen to a box without leaving marks.

I used to ship PCs regularly back in the 90s. It was not all that unusual to have a machine come back with expansion cards popped out of their sockets, and the screws still attached to the chassis! This means they suffered enough of a shock to flex the chassis and/or cards by at least 6mm. We were shipping them box-in-a-box: a regular "tower box" with ~1.5" of high density expanded polystyrene inside another box with 4-6" of packing peanuts all around. We had to start hot-gluing the backs of the cards to the slots.

Then one week we got couple of machines back with the plastic standoffs which separate the motherboards from the chassis literally sawn in half!! These machines were delivered to a destination at the end of a 1,600km dirt road. The vibration was just too much, the metal literally cut through the plastic. We started shipping air-only to that destination thereafter. It added 20% to the cost of the unit, which did not please the customers, but we had no choice. At least they got the bonus of getting the product overnight instead of waiting 2 weeks.

Crazy stuff just happens. I wouldn't be too quick to hold Andrea's toes to the fire, although I can understand it given the QC reputation of the original Mojo. Let's judge him based on his customer service response instead. :)

It sounds like Andrea is cross-shipping a new unit? This sounds like a good start to me.

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived