Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2015 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I been a STL fan since the early '60s and can't ever recall having a start like this.

And that's with our ace & cleanup hitter (Wainright& Matt Adams) out for the year along with Holiday , who's been on the DL for a few weeks.Not to mention other guys on and off the DL for shorter periods.

Who knows if they can keep it up, but if they keep winning they're going to be at 700% before long. :o

Boston's kinda suckin' hind ti**y (sorry Griff), but it's still early brother.

Hope springs eternal, my friend. Just picked up #2 from Toronto, with a nice bounce-back performance from rookie Eduardo Rodriguez, and we're now only 6 games out thanks to everyone else in the division going on a skid at the same time.

If we grab at least one more from the Jays (or possibly even both, with the way their bats have been since they left Texas), we're right in the thick of it despite still being under .500.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a fair weather fan and live in Boston. I'll watch sports teams if they're at least competitive and the Red Sox have sucked, not withstanding they won a World Series in 2013.

I would love to see Chicago win it all and Theo to get the credit. The Red Sox management can't seem to get out of their own way since he left. The new mgmt is keeping Farrell and I think that will be as big of mistake as the Bruins Mgmt. keeping their coach and the B's are going to choke big time this year.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Streaming game 5 from my classroom today. Hoping Stroman can battle and the big bats can get to Hamels. Everyone above the 49th parallel is getting into it this year! :snax:

Well, Hamels' career ERA against the AL is UGLY - over 5. I was so glad the Sox didn't cave to Philly's ridiculous demands.

Chicago is one step closer to making the Back to the Future prediction a reality:

Cubs' first postseason series win in Wrigley Field worth the wait

Was 'Back to the Future II' right about Cubs?

Best,

Geoff

Methinks the KC Forum needs a 'baseball' emoticon. :D

Last night my final student and I - both Cubs' fans - were glued to MLB.com Gameday on our phones; the bottom of the 8th/top of the 9th of game 5 just about matched the half-hour lesson slot. We actually did get something accomplished in the lesson, though writing out minor blues scales during the top o' the 9th took nerves of steel. :crazy:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Streaming game 5 from my classroom today. Hoping Stroman can battle and the big bats can get to Hamels. Everyone above the 49th parallel is getting into it this year! :snax:

Well, Hamels' career ERA against the AL is UGLY - over 5. I was so glad the Sox didn't cave to Philly's ridiculous demands.

Tie game! The Edwing flies again!

Rats! So close but yet so far for the Dodgers. :(

My hat's off to the Mets. They got it done in LA, when most people picked the Dodgers to win.

I'm rooting for the Cubs the rest of the way nowmostly because they are so overdue, but also because it would be fun to see this Back to the Future whimsical prediction become a reality.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm rooting for the Cubs the rest of the way nowmostly because they are so overdue, but also because it would be fun to see this Back to the Future whimsical prediction become a reality.

Honestly, I think the Cubbies have already taken out their toughest competition in St. Louis.

It's often said that, in baseball, the best team doesn't always win the WS, but rather the hottest team - and there's no doubt the Cubs are the hottest team in baseball over the last month.

Honestly, I think the Cubbies have already taken out their toughest competition in St. Louis.

It's often said that, in baseball, the best team doesn't always win the WS, but rather the hottest team - and there's no doubt the Cubs are the hottest team in baseball over the last month.

St. Louis were great during the season, and they're typically formidable in the postseason; so I agree it was quite an accomplishment that Chicago beat them.

The Cubs have got the weather on their side tonight in New York: 49 degrees and windytypical autumn Chicago conditions. (I know it's not exactly atypical for NYC either, but I look at it as a good sign for Chicago anyway.)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived