Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2015 Thread

Geoff Grace

Come on ya Marys...... get on board will ya? :taz:;) Aug 16 in TO. Mum and the Kat will be in their Jays rigs, and I will be in my Yankees. (If I don't get the shit beat out of me!) No more dangerous than the T&C in London. :roll:

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is how Panda would look as a NY Yankee:

(((())))

http://i.imgur.com/4i6Ckte.gif

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I'm having a difficult time assessing ARod's career. Yes, he's a juicer. But was he all that productive during his juicing years, or was that an attempt to get back to production?

He certainly was a big-time producer before he ever got hurt and started juicing, unlike Macguire and Sosa, and perhaps even Bonds (I'd have to look that up).

It just "feels" like a lot of ARod's accomplishments weren't due to PEDs, but maybe I'm wrong. And no, I'm not a fan of his in any way. His situation, though, I think closely mirrors Raphael Palmeiro: a productive player trying to extend his career, while overcoming an injury. Unlike Sosa, a singles hitter who bulked up to be a home run/RBI monster.

Thoughts?

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

The Braves are effectively driving me crazy. They look great, they look terrible, they look great, they look terrible...

Shelby Miller is the real deal, though. And Julio Teheran is also a future star.

I'm hoping against hope that the recent trend for the Sox keeps up. Mike Napoli seems to have settled in behind the X Man in the lineup, who is also flourishing being sandwiched between Nap and Han-Ram. Pitching staff is stabilizing with 9 quality starts in the last 11 games. All we need now is Big Papi and Pedroia to get it going, and we could go on a tear...

After 60 games we (STL Cards) have the best record in MLB. No one is even close. Pretty great job considering Wainwright's out for the season , not to mention Matt Adams unknown status. And now Holliday's on the DL.

We keep getting strong contributions from Carpenter, Wong, Reynolds, Peralta plus the pitching has been stupendous - both starter and relief.

The old saying goes- when the ivy's in, the Cubs are out. But they seem to be playing well and I feel, along with the Pirates, will make a serious run at some point of the season.

Back home to meet KC. We never play the Royals well.same goes for SF. Hopefully we can get 2 outta 3 against the team that has the second best record in MLB right now.

Loved taking 3 out of 4 against the Dodgers. :2thu:

I think the west coast deserves a little coverage too:

Giants RHP Chris Heston throws no-hitter against Mets

Best,

Geoff

Baseball has a West Coast? :confused::whistle:

I can understand why, if you for some reason don't watch the world series, you might not know that.

But seriously, the Giants are really impressing me this year. This was supposed to be one of their "off" years, and considering the injuries they started off with and Madbum looking just good instead of great, you'd think they'd be at or below .500. Thanks to Aoki, Panik, Duffy, a resurgent Lincecum . . . they're punching way above their weight.

I love the Lincecum story. Lots of experts predicted he would flame out early because he was a small-bodied pitcher throwing in the high 90's. And he did. But he's remade himself as an effective junkballer.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

My team has turned to the darkside.

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/0/8/6/107264086/bellichickstare_3vy8yzd7.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived