Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

History Of Jazz Piano (cute video)

Jazz+

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why include organ (in such a half-baked way) and, where are Red Garland and Wynton Kelly? - just to mention two missing persons.

Well, Herbie Nichols, Elmo Hope...

Many of the best things in life are four-letter words, like Jazz, Saab. And Cats.

Why include organ (in a half-baked way) and, where are Red Garland and Wynton Kelly? - just to mention two missing persons.
Many of the best things in life are four-letter words, like Jazz, Saab. And Cats.

It's difficult to produce a video like this and include all the right people, but I applaud the effort. Personally I would have liked to have seen Jan Hammer or Joe Zawinul in there, or Tommy Flanagan, Aziza Mustafa Zadeh, and Hiromi Uehara, though the latter group doesn't have quite as much historicity.
"Jazz is the only music in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time." Ornette Coleman

Well obviously he will include only the ones he can "emulate". I can't believe the "complaints" here. I don't think I can even try to copy even one. LOL.

As a marketing move though, VERY SMART, since this is really about promoting his own music. Now he made it viral.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Archived