Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I pulled the trigger on a Hammond XK1C

Steve Force

With my SK-1 I've had good results with a variety of PNY USB drives. Not so much with SanDisk although after updating to release 8 a drive that didn't work with older releases did.

There may be no connection here but Lexar CF cards would never work in an XK-3 or '3c. Lexar also made CF cards for private label brands like Kodak and IIRC Memorex so be careful with those too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to have to dig thru all my USB drives now. I have an 8gb sandisk and a 2gb transcend. I know I have some smaller, older ones around somewhere.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Whatever you do, don't start another thread about it!

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

+1 to the PX5S+XK1C(+Vent sometimes)combo. Also use a EV ZLX12P, all based on recommendations from this board. Light and sounds awesome. Since I'm not a purist, after 30yrs of pursuing the most authentic Hammond tonewheel sound in a lightweight digital board, I'm Done!

I'm still pursuing the ideal stand. Don't think I'll ever get lucky there. I modded what I currently use to get the keys close together.

Thanks all.

I use this stand for keys--the second tier get very tight to the lower tier, and works very well with the PX5S on the lower tier.

In other news, I scored a Yamaha FC-7 expression pedal rather than the overpriced Hammond and find it perfect for this board. I do like the option of foot switching the Leslie speed--that is a delightful surprise!

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I've been thinking about that stand too. I like the Standtastic but the Z's are nice. For me easy of transport and setup would be the deciding factor, I don't what a stand that has to break into a bunch of parts to fit into a bag or something.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

you don't have to disassemble the z-stand as it folds up. I color coded the parts years ago so if I do disassemble it it reassembles in just a couple of minutes.

Just curious--which Standtastic -- This one?

Update: I need a quick setup dual keyboard stand and since these two boards are super light I went ahead and ordered one of those standtastics I asked about above.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I use this stand for keys--the second tier get very tight to the lower tier, and works very well with the PX5S on the lower tier.

In other news, I scored a Yamaha FC-7 expression pedal rather than the overpriced Hammond and find it perfect for this board. I do like the option of foot switching the Leslie speed--that is a delightful surprise!

Glad you posted this as I need to bring the XK-1c lower/closer to the PX-5S. Thought about modifying my existing stand but this will be a much better solution.

I also bought a Yamaha FC-7 expression pedal for the 1c (Jim A suggestion) and it works like a charm.

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

you don't have to disassemble the z-stand as it folds up. I color coded the parts years ago so if I do disassemble it it reassembles in just a couple of minutes.

Just curious--which Standtastic -- This one?

Update: I need a quick setup dual keyboard stand and since these two boards are super light I went ahead and ordered one of those standtastics I asked about above.

Yes, that's the one I have. Once you get it setup the 1st time, adjust the tiers to the height you like and the space between the bottom and top, it's easy to deal with.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

what is this, I thought that the gurus could post their sk settings for all of us to try out and see what we all liked best. the two links that you gave were confusing to me.

They are topics where owners/users can post things they learn about their instruments they feel might be of use to others, also, where interested parties can ask pertinent questions of those more informed/experienced owners/users. The topic titles pretty much explain their purpose.

The XK-3 Yahoo group:

http://tinyurl.com/XK-3YahooGroup

has folders in its files section for uploaded setup files etc. for the XK-3, '3c and SKs as well as other documents of interest. I just created a folder for XK-1c setup files, tonewheel sets etc. Feel free to join and upload your setup files etc.

what is this, I thought that the gurus could post their sk settings for all of us to try out and see what we all liked best. the two links that you gave were confusing to me.

It's this....

a post that everyone would share their tweaks and settings for leslie, percussion, chorus, and etc. for the SK and XK series keyboards.

You're welcome.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Straight 8's and pedal to the metal that is all you need to know. LOL

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived