Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new picture of nords release at anaheim

fjzingo

The quality controller market is dead. With modern polyohony and huge on board sound libraries there is no need. As long as you can live with 4 Zones of control there are options. Like a MP-8 or 8II if you can find a used one.

I still use my MP8 at home and I truly like the 4 zones with sliders and polyphony of 192.

Connected with my Integra-7 I am able to make massive layers and controle the induvidual zones on the fly.

Songs like ''thriller'' with footsteps,wind,slamming doors, thunder, evil laughter, sawtooth brass.........easy !

Live I use the Integra with a Nord stage only using ONE external zone that triggers the Integra which is pretty limited, because the Roland can make crazy layerings if only the controler is capable of triggering at least 4 external zones.

The Kawai is far to heavy to move around for me, so I would like a controler with a top quality keybed, lightweight and the abilty to activate 4 external zones.

Isn't there no such thing available nowadays ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the new Nord X- Stand, and they throw in the keyboard for free.......... :facepalm:

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

The Kawai is far to heavy to move around for me, so I would like a controler with a top quality keybed, lightweight and the abilty to activate 4 external zones.

Soon !

K4 or K5 ?

A.C.

Looks expensive!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Maybe that's just a generic photo of a red keyboard, simply there to say "There will be a new keyboard there"? Kinda like how independent burger shops put pictures of generic burgers on their signs and sites, so that you get the "we sell burgers" message.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Really? Are we seriously doing this for yet another year? :facepalm:

People, the bleating of sheep is getting deafening in this place.

Every. F*#king. NAMM.

Does nobody remember the bloodthirsty mob that started gathering torches and pitchforks after the Roland Red Cube amp debacle a few years back?

Sigh.... at least a couple of the regulars have their heads screwed on straight, and refuse to get caught up in the idiocy.

As for me, I have a gig to go to. With gear that actually exists. That I posess. ;):cool:

Later.

:wave:

Every. F*#king. NAMM.

Does nobody remember the bloodthirsty mob that started gathering torches and pitchforks after the Roland Red Cube amp debacle a few years back?

Sigh.... at least a couple of the regulars have their heads screwed on straight, and refuse to get caught up in the idiocy.

As for me, I have a gig to go to. With gear that actually exists. That I posess. ;):cool:

Later.

You have presumably better things to do regardless of incurring 9800+ posts yet you just had to take the time to post this.

Thank you for taking the time away from your superior position as holy one who has elevated beyond mere people.

Sven Trolly still trolling as always.

Every. F*#king. NAMM.

Later.

Welcome back, Mr. Golly. ;)

You have presumably better things to do regardless of incurring 9800+ posts yet you just had to take the time to post this.

Thank you for taking the time away from your superior position as holy one who has elevated beyond mere people.

Who's the more trollish, the troll, or the troll who posts after him?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Soon !

K4 or K5 ?

A.C.

Looks expensive!

But they aren't - the Swedish reseller released the prices a couple o months ago and they are in $2000 region :thu: Not bad when you look at the specs. No word on the optional piano board though, but I'm guessing expensive... the Physis Piano has eight (!) parallel DSP's to drive the virtual piano engine, IIRC - hence the $4000 price tag.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Hey Sven, we're just speculating, it's all a bit of fun! Let yourself go, and get caught up in the idiocy with the rest of us.

Life is short, and you're a long time dead.

(Hmm, I can see that I'm leaving myself open to an acerbic retort with that last sentence, but feel free). :)

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Every. F*#king. NAMM.

Later.

I agree with you Phloid. I think we should just ignore him from now on. Personally, I am in the need of a gigging piano for the last 7 months and I have been holding out for a new stage piano from Nord so my interest is really genuine.

Archived