Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new picture of nords release at anaheim

fjzingo

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Home

Looks like there are no inputs and outputs....

Is it a wireless controller for iPAD or Mac? Perhaps a software modular with controller?

Or perhaps a cheap nord mini....

Or is it just some read drole factor which will make us open up or already empty wallets...who knows :-)

Fred

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe they photoshopped everything off the back to not give away any details

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Controller for the new Nord monster moduler.

Nah it is a Lead.

Not a Lead.

No wooden endcaps.

I guess they could add them later.

Hmmmmmmm...

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

From the position of the pitchbend lever I'd say it's not a Lead but a Stage.

But it is too small to be a Stage, and all the knobs are to the left, so probably a Lead.

From looking at the earlier teaser with the christmas tree, I'd say that is probably a different product, so my best guess is they will have two new products.

Well, it could be a step in a new direction..? Looks small 49 keys, or even less? My guess now is a usb-controller with accompanying software, like the Arturia laboratory keyboards. But I don't have any more info then you - it's just a wild guess.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

A new high-quality controller would be great, until you consider Nord's pricing policy! It would probably cost more than a Casio PX-5S, and I know which one I'd rather pay for!

SSM

Anything! that is a high quality controller will cost more than a Casio PX-5S. Even a VMK-188 cost the same or more than a Casio PX-5S on the street. A friend went through 2 of those VMKs. He had reliability issues and he treats his gear well.

The quality controller market is dead. With modern polyohony and huge on board sound libraries there is no need. As long as you can live with 4 Zones of control there are options. Like a MP-8 or 8II if you can find a used one.

If you can't sell a lot of something that uses really good parts you are going to have to sell at higher margins.

But if you want to only control software pianos this is cool.

http://www.kraftmusic.com/kawai-vpc1-virtual-piano-controller.html

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

A new high-quality controller would be great, until you consider Nord's pricing policy! It would probably cost more than a Casio PX-5S, and I know which one I'd rather pay for!

SSM

Anything! that is a high quality controller will cost more than a Casio PX-5S. Even a VMK-188 cost the same or more than a Casio PX-5S on the street. A friend went through 2 of those VMKs. He had reliability issues and he treats his gear well.

The quality controller market is dead. With modern polyohony and huge on board sound libraries there is no need. As long as you can live with 4 Zones of control there are options. Like a MP-8 or 8II if you can find a used one.

I think the PX-5S would make a good controller, and it seems to be well built, in my limited experience (15 minutes in a store). Plus you'd get all the sounds thrown in as a bonus.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Guys, it's not a controller. Clavia's pricing policy does not allow a controller. I was kidding. Nord Stages are selling like hotcakes, Clavia has almost no company organization, they don't have any expenses that they can't just change according to sales. So it's very unlikely that they are getting desperate.

Unless some rich guy that wants to get even richer bought them, of course...

The Casio is not a good controller. It is a DB that can function as a controller as long you do not need to controll a bunch of zones. But it doesn't matter because the whole controller paradigm is dead. Here is probably the last real controller built by one of the big three. Check out the specs. Not enough people out there need four MIDI Outs for 64 MIDI channels; 8 zones. That is a controller.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/491

I'm using a S90XS as a controller and with only 4 Zones it is limiting. There are a few songs I have to make patches changes in. In 95 I wouldn't have had to.

The Kawai looks cool CEB, but I don't think you need a full 88 key board for a controller. I'd rather have something more space effective, with 9 sliders, 3 octaves, and a dozen or sixteen pads. Some presets would be nice too.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

If you need a controller then you are probably doing splits. If you are doing splits you can run out of keys pretty quickly.

:facepalm:

Nord continues to laugh at Keyboard Corner.

I'd love them to bring back a version of the modular.

Meanwhile ... that serendipitous moment when D-Bon's avatar syncs PERFECTALLY with a random piece of dubstep that just started playing on Apple Radio. I be grovin' for a moment.

Les Mizzell

----------------------------------------------

"Tweak your sound in seconds!"

Sure, it's a great tagline for a controller.

But Nord is known for having lots of knobs - a hands-on interface for all their keyboards that lets you tweak your sound in seconds.

So, it could be anything.

Whatever it is...

it needs end caps. :cool:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

tweak your sound in seconds.

It's the new Nord mixer with wooden faders.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived