Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Luckily, I didn't include "no new gear" in my NY resolutions

Analogaddict

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/analogaddict/35B62A7F-8E09-4D80-A3E3-B779308A5A03.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/analogaddict/D9DFFF49-1641-403E-9418-5D0F34ACB9FB.jpg

I've been wanting one of these for quite some time, and finally found a really good deal on one. The wooden keyboard is fantastic..!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I DID include "no new gear" in my NY resolution.....but luckily I was strong enough to overcome my own willpower.

chas

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

Nice! Are the endcaps banged up a little bit? It still looks good, though. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My NY resolution was to be bad in every possible way.

Once again, I'll fail to fulfill my resolutions. Oh sigh.

Nice MP8! That thing looks big and heavy! I bet it's fun to play, though. I'd love to get a chance to try one but I don't think anyone carries them here.

Looks nice. I'm looking to upgrade my 88 key controller for studio use. Hopefully I'll get a good deal like you. I'm currently using a Yamaha S90. I like the smallish footprint, but the keyboard has aftertouch and it's starting to take its toll on my wrists. I'll never stop buying/selling gear. It's what I do.
:nopity:

I have trouble selling gear.......
Me too. I've donated a few keyboards, but don't think I ever sold any. I gave away one bass (which was given to me by a friend), and sold one inexpensive acoustic guitar. The rest, I still have. Oh yeah, I did sell my Juno 60 to a friend back in 86, gave him a good deal and it was cash in my pocket as well.

Fortunately I don't buy them as fast as you do, so ... wait, what's fortunate about that? Oh yeah, the repo man doesn't know me by name!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/analogaddict/35B62A7F-8E09-4D80-A3E3-B779308A5A03.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/analogaddict/D9DFFF49-1641-403E-9418-5D0F34ACB9FB.jpg

Ouch! Ouch!...sorry..jealously pains! :laugh::thu: Congrats man! Tis beautiful! Make us some audio clips! Would luv to hear it!

I've been wanting one of these for quite some time, and finally found a really good deal on one. The wooden keyboard is fantastic..!

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Nearly every time I've sold a piece of gear, I've ended up regretting it. The one exception? A Roland KC-550. Dumbest piece of gear I ever bought, and I was thrilled the day I unloaded for a good portion of what I paid!

Congrats on the new purchase, AA!

congrats man!! :thu:

Thanks! I already hate lifting it, but I love playing it..! :)

there certainly is some redundancy in your signature gear list. Do you rent out as backline or is all that just for you?

I'll spare you my gear list. It's rather bizarre for what I do. :)

Ugh, me too. I bought a Kurzweil PC3K6 for my Genesis rig yesterday. On the flip side, I have both of my Fantoms and my Receptor for sale...more than enough to cover it. ;)

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Nearly every time I've sold a piece of gear, I've ended up regretting it. The one exception? A Roland KC-550. Dumbest piece of gear I ever bought, and I was thrilled the day I unloaded for a good portion of what I paid!

Sounds like a fun board!

I sold my KC-350,Yammy S-08 and VK-7. I don't miss lifting them whatsoever!

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

I have both of my Fantoms and my Receptor for sale...more than enough to cover it. ;)

You're making me feel all stone age up here.

You've a Receptor VIP, bought, gigged (?) and on sale ... and I've still to see one north of Hadrian's wall.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

I have both of my Fantoms and my Receptor for sale...more than enough to cover it. ;)

You're making me feel all stone age up here.

You've a Receptor VIP, bought, gigged (?) and on sale ... and I've still to see one north of Hadrian's wall.

Haha, well, never gigged, but I've had it more than a year. Lately, I've been running my guitar through it, but I'm going to do that with my ipad from now on.

Just this morning I survived a horrendous case of gas. A local establishment is selling a brand new Hammond SK1 for $999. I sat in front of it for an hour debating whether I should take it home. I have 2 Kronos 61s (both with Hammond emulations) and the PC3K6 with KB3 mode. As good as that price is, I finally managed to pull myself away. Whew...that was close.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

The new Kronos OS is pretty dang good when it comes to Hammond. I have an SK1, but I can see myself gigging with only the Kronos. I did some programming yesterday running the Kronos through a Ventilator, but considering integration i decided to skip the Vent right now. It sounds better than the CX3 Leslie, but the hassle with more cables, adapters and routing simply makes it hard to motivate...

Quality keyboard - and you've a view on to something - decking, a patio?

Open the windows and get your mates and family round and out back for a mammoth new year winter bar-b-que sing-along.

Hey, I'm in Sweden...Which currently could be described as a version of Mordor. We're lucky as long as we don't shoot ourselves on winters like this. ;) But yes, it's a small patio, and it's great for get-togethers. We can usually be outside in... July, that's about it. :crazy::cool:

Yeah, the new Kronos OS was a big improvement. I used to have a Vent but sold it. I wasn't using it for the same reasons you mention: more cables, adapter, etc. I think the new PC3K6 will keep me happy for a while. I picked up a Kore64 for it this morning.

I don't have any problems buying gear -- just ask my wife! Luckily she slows me down a bit. She watches carefully what I'm using, and what's just gathering dust.

A few weeks ago, she gently put her foot down, and insisted that I just make a list of anything I hadn't used in the last year or so. So I went down to the basement, and I was a bit shocked:

- Yamaha CP33, CP5, MOX6, YP-635

- Nord Electro 2 and Electro 3

- Bose LI Model II

- A pair each of QSC K8s and K12s (end up using the K10s for most situations)

- A pair of JBL PRX-535s

- Motion Sound KBR-3D

- A pair of Roland KC350s

- A nonfunctioning Roland JC-120

- Lexicon effects, Vent, 12 channel mixer, etc.

She had a point -- I had a small music store's worth of equipment that wasn't getting used. Time to get busy on Craigslist!

All in all, it took about three weeks to sell it all (except the Motion Sound, which I guess is rather niche). Just keeping up with all the different email conversations was a lot of work, but worth it.

Now I've got a nice pile of $$$ to go spend on something else :)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I have trouble selling gear.......

there certainly is some redundancy in your signature gear list. Do you rent out as backline or is all that just for you?

No I have a project studio and a lot more stuff than what is listed there.......

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived