Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Stock avatars

Dr88s

Just a little observation:

I've only recently noticed that a couple of forum members have the same avatar. I didn't realize until today that there are stock avatars available.

While browsing threads, especially old ones, I tend to get an idea of who is posting based on the avatar. Some are really distinctive, especially the animated ones (shout out to D-Bon and JustDan) and I can see within a millisecond who wrote the post without ever reading the name.

I guess I should stop doing that, seeing as how multiple people can share the same picture. In my mind Brad Renner (Brenner) and Dave Horne (both Van Gogh self portrait) are the same person :facepalm:. And Synthoid - there are about fifteen other members with your avatar whose posts I attribute to you. :blush:

Probably my own fault for being lazy and not reading names.

That is all. Thank you for your attention.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so naive in my early days on the internet, that I was convinced that an avatar was to make our faces known to each other... and in fact, a few of my avatars thru the years have included my ugly mug.

Fact is, after a few years of looking at my own avatar, I just get bored and feel the need to change it. I usually Photoshop my avatars myself, but the current one I've found somewhere on the net, and thought it was perfect. :)

I was so naive in my early days on the internet, that I was convinced that an avatar was to make our faces known to each other... and in fact, a few of my avatars thru the years have included my ugly mug.

Fact is, after a few years of looking at my own avatar, I just get bored and feel the need to change it. I usually Photoshop my avatars myself, but the current one I've found somewhere on the net, and thought it was perfect. :)

WHAT? ... Wait! ... You mean? ... The girl on the piano is not you? :poke:

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Synthoid - there are about fifteen other members with your avatar whose posts I attribute to you. :blush:

That many? Well... that certainly adds some confusion to the mix.

:crazy:

EDIT: I finally changed my avatar to a pretty synth picture after all these years.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Sure it's me. Don't tell anybody about the operation...

... AND the time machine treatment, the apocalyptic diet, the hair transplant, and all those hormones...

:freak: :freak: :freak:

Sure it's me. Don't tell anybody about the operation...

... AND the time machine treatment, the apocalyptic diet, the hair transplant, and all those hormones...

:freak: :freak: :freak:

This avatar is the Best yet Marino! :).

Brett

I change mine every once in awhile. I might have to go back to Richard Tee. But with 'Imissrichardtee' here now, that might confuse matters. Especially since none of us is Richard Tee. It's funny how I'd meet people at the KC Forum dinner and they were surprised that I was a 5'6" white dude.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Oh, yeah - I'm amused by those characters that chose their musical idol as a forum nick... "Rick Wakeman", "Jordan Rudess" and so on... now, "I *Miss* Richard Tee" is another story altogether... in fact *I* miss Richard Tee quite a bit as well.

Yep...I go for the quick and easy sometimes. Interesting that I deleted my stock Van Gogh just a couple of days before this post in an attempt to disguise my laziness yet I just got called out. Someday perhaps I'll be home long enough to actually turn on my desktop and load up a pic of some kind...hmmm...wonder what I did with my self portrait done in that Van Gogh pose.

Remember that "I Miss Richard Tee" used to be "Miss Richard Tee" and many thought he was female, and Tee's widow...

A *always* associate that Van Gogh avatar with Dave Horne, even when I know it's not him.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Fixed ... now I'm eunuch (I mean unique)... lol

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I had a quick look around before I chose one and couldn't see any recent posters that used this one. It was supposed to be temporary until I thought up one of my own, but it's kinda stuck...I'll probably change it soon, though.

:blush:

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

I had a quick look around before I chose one and couldn't see any recent posters that used this one. It was supposed to be temporary until I thought up one of my own, but it's kinda stuck...I'll probably change it soon, though.

:blush:

Easter Island statue - yes? :).

Everyone should read the story about the mini "apocalypse/collapse" that happened on Easter Island years ago.

Brett

Can yours truly I-missRichardTee, be changed in my profile?? I don't want to be a hog, or nuttin.

Additionally, I want access to really cool avatars.. can anyone lend I-mRT a hand?

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

IMRT, in order to have a custom avatar (something other than stock), I believe you have to publish it to a website (Facebook, instagram, your blog). Then you provide the URL (web address) of the image in your profile page here on this forum.

In addition, it has to be a relatively small image (size wise) or it ends up getting "squashed" or otherwise distorted here.

Hope that helps some.

tim

Archived