Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

Philip Clark

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/15/2024 at 5:41 PM, CrossRhodes said:

Digging into the new Forq record. Some pretty tight jams.

23 hours ago, brenner13 said:

Gots to be very near top fave band for me right now.

Wow, really digging both of these, and both bands are new to me, thanks for sharing. I'd heard Henry Hey before, but not Forq, and I'm liking it a lot. And, with ATW, it's really cool to hear a modern rock band with keys so prominent. Will definitely check out more of each band.

I'm currently playing the new Jon Anderson/Band Geeks album, and, while I kind of expected to be disappointed, or at most, getting a nostalgic guilty pleasure out of it, but, damn, I'm actually digging it so far. Jon sounds great (for 80!), and the band sounds more like classic Yes than the current version of Yes. This tune, in particular, rocks!

• Like 2

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

This is basically The Orb under the name Sedibus.  My guess is that it's mostly Alex P. stuff, but I've not found any info regarding the recording, who did what, etc.  Also I don't know if the video material shown here is part of an actual collaboration with The Orb.  I basically ignore the video and just listen and dream my own dreams...

nat

Ι was listening to various Prokofiev 2nd sonata recordings as I try to unburry it from my conservatory years and play it again (don't take "play" literally 😄). Just a way to keep the fingers busy and the sight seing ready. 

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

There's Michelangelo, there's Michael Jordan, and there's this guy.

Sweet Jesus.

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, 2 Invisible keyboard stands (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson