Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

There's always room for an upright.

ksoper

A drummer buddy of mine is touring Norway and came across this:

http://home.comcast.net/~mightyb3/pianobowl.jpg

At first I thought this was where Edvard Grieg composed his Piano Concerto Op. 16 in three movements. Then I realized that would have been impossible--there's hardly enough room for a proper stool.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pedals may have sometimes gotten a little damper than intended.

But it's probably a good room to hang out in after getting hammered.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

My apologies for asking what may potentially be a silly question, but what are the metal bars on either side of the toilet bowl for? They look similar to the safety harnesses that come down over your shoulders to keep you in position when riding a roller-coaster...

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

That's exactly what they are.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

My apologies for asking what may potentially be a silly question, but what are the metal bars on either side of the toilet bowl for?

Aren't they handle bars for disabled people ? (Mounted on a hinge, you lower them before using them for help)

Given the rock solid construction of those bars, i guess they double as a stool for the piano.

My apologies for asking what may potentially be a silly question, but what are the metal bars on either side of the toilet bowl for?

Aren't they handle bars for disabled people ? (Mounted on a hinge, you lower them before using them for help)

Given the rock solid construction of those bars, i guess they double as a stool for the piano.

Don't be ridiculous. Those are the stand for your top board.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived