Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going to see Rod Argent

mate stubb

I'm pumped for the Zombies show next weekend here in town. It will be a chance to see one of my keyboard heroes - Rod Argent was equally as important to me as Mark Stein and Jon Lord as my very first rock Hammond influences.

I expect them to be poppier than Argent was, but here's hoping Rod will get some chances to cut loose.

[video:youtube]

Moe

---

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pumped for the Zombies show next weekend here in town. It will be a chance to see one of my keyboard heroes - Rod Argent was equally as important to me as Mark Stein and Jon Lord as my very first rock Hammond influences.

I expect them to be poppier than Argent was, but here's hoping Rod will get some chances to cut loose.

I was seriously considering driving over to Ames for this show but then noticed the date conflicted with a long-planned trip to Minneapolis. Make sure you give us a review!

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I've seen The Zombies twice in recent years, including this past summer in Central Park. They sound amazing -- even more so when you consider Rod and Colin have been together for 50+ years(!). Rod had a PC3X and a Hammond XK-2(?). Enjoy!

Zombies rocked it tonight in a nice little local auditorium. We really enjoyed ourselves. Rod played a Kurz PC3 most of the night with an XK3 organ, monitoring thru a couple of big JBL PRX speakers on poles.

It was the last night of their current tour, and they were high energy and tight. Colin still has his range and Rod tore the house down on Hold Your Head Up!

Moe

---

I was lucky enough to play on a bill with Rod and Colin Blunstone at last year's SXSW, where they did a piano/vocal duo thing. There was a ton of music that week, but that was the #1 highlight. Easily the best part was being able to hang with those guys backstage. They were super cool, and I heard some amazing stories. I have to be honest in saying I wasn't particularly a huge Zombies fan previously (they were way, way "before my time"), but I definitely am now. You can tell they thoroughly enjoy every second they're on stage.

Archived