Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R.I.P. Jerry Buss

steadyb

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of, if not the best.

Most of if not all the problems with the current Lakers ability to win the West come from the old man having not been in the drivers seat recently. ... Like not bringing Jackson back on board.

PS Jim made the right move. I just saw what Phil's ownership demands were. I would have said no also.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I blame Dr Buss's death on the Lakers play this season. I think Buss would agree. It wasn't worth sticking around to watch anymore. I think the same thing happened in 2006 when Red Aurbach realized the Celts traded the 7th pick in the draft for Theo Ratliff. At that point, why go on?

I blame Dr Buss's death on the Lakers play this season. I think Buss would agree. It wasn't worth sticking around to watch anymore. I think the same thing happened in 2006 when Red Aurbach realized the Celts traded the 7th pick in the draft for Theo Ratliff. At that point, why go on?
What are you, The Onion? :rolleyes:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Too bad he had to pass away during what may be the Lakers' most pathetic and underachieving season in history...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Very very sad news-- similar to when Chick Hearn unexpectedly passed away. :(

He somewhat reminded me of George Steinbrenner without the drama and minus being a blowhard . Before you say what ?!! Reason being --he took on an already famous, certainly one of the top 10 most recognizable sports brands, revitalized it and elevated it to another two levels. Dr. Buss was much more a class act too then Steinbrenner...that probably goes without saying though.

The Lakers were mum on his condition but I knew things were grave when Kareem, Magic, Kobe, etc. were reported visiting him in the hospital last week.

My next door neighbor is especially in mourning. She was pretty tight with the Buss family as she managed (maybe had a piece of it too) the restaurant in the Fabulous Forum for many years.

He somewhat reminded me of George Steinbrenner without the drama and minus being a blowhard . Before you say what ?!! Reason being --he took on an already famous, certainly one of the top 10 most recognizable sports brands, revitalized it and elevated it to another two levels. Dr. Buss was much more a class act too then Steinbrenner...that probably goes without saying though.
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

As for Dwight Howard, he didn't have the heart to be a Magic - how could anyone expect him to hang on one of the two iconic franchises in the NBA?

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived