Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone notice the halftime show keyboards?

PinkFloydDudi

There was a pretty awesome shot, that I meant to get a picture of but forgot. 4 Korg Kronos played by 2 players for Beyonce's halftime show.

Pretty surprised that each player had 2 Kronos. I mean I love the keyboard, but given the chance to have 2 boards, I'd pick something different to complement it.

Always fun to see your gear on a stage like that though.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may have been good for Korg from a product placement standpoint but considering the musicians were faking, er, playing to pre-recorded tracks... :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Pretty surprised that each player had 2 Kronos.

I think it was two Krono's on one stand and two Kromes on the other.

It looked liked gratuitous product placement to me!

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I just wanna know why we didn't get a keyboard solo with flames shooting out of both sides! But seriously, I thought she sounded good, looked good, and from what I understand, her band--regardless of whether they actually played last night--are actually gifted "real" musicians.

P.S. with all due respect to Kelly and Michelle, when each of the ladies got their solo piece of a verse or chorus, it was pretty evident why Beyonce distinguished herself as the star/lead-singer of that group.

--Sean H.

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg TR76, Novation X-Station 61, Casio PX-320

I just wanna know why we didn't get a keyboard solo with flames shooting out of both sides! But seriously, I thought she sounded good, looked good, and from what I understand, her band--regardless of whether they actually played last night--are actually gifted "real" musicians.

P.S. with all due respect to Kelly and Michelle, when each of the ladies got their solo piece of a verse or chorus, it was pretty evident why Beyonce distinguished herself as the star/lead-singer of that group.

I think it was more than that, seeing all three on stage together. ;)

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

It amazes me how those stageshows gets put to midfield and removed and the field doesn't get destroyed all within the alotted halftime period.

As far as rigs is the music canned or live. It would be easier to can the whole thing. I guess I should watch the halftime show next year.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

According to Korg they were all Kronos. Korg mused on Facebook that apparently 4 Kronos on one stage was too much for the power supply, and "apologized" for the blackout. :laugh:
Alternately, someone tried to power cycle all four at the same time :facepalm:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Actually, I may be on to something. If a Kronos takes about 2.4 to 2.5 minutes to boot, then power cycling them all at once would be about 2.45 to the fourth power minutes, or around 36 minutes.... :laugh::snax::rawk::rimshot:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Alternately, someone tried to power cycle all four at the same time :facepalm:

:thu:

Heck, my townhouse neighbors notice it when I power cycle one Kronos. ;)

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I'm still blinded by the lights.

and the flames.

and the video screens.

and the fake holograms.

and the 200 dancers onstage.

and the choreographed runway walking

and the choreographed falling to the knees

and the choreographed every facial expression

wait, there was music?

Moe

---

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, Super Bowl halftime show was delivered by a re-union of Jerry Goodman and Jan Hammering playing the whole Like Children album live. The network spent the whole pre-game show talking to Jerry and Jan as they showed their full keyboard live setup.

Archived