Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Just In......PX-5S

unclebyron

Mike, is there any video of the PX5S going through some of the other various non-piano sounds in the PX5, such as brass, organ, etc? I have a chance to sell my PX3 and move you to the PX5, so I'm just curious about the other types of sounds. Thanks a bunch, Don
I'd do one for ya with mine, but I can't play those sounds worth squat. :laugh:

I have to say, I did a lot of running through the presets ("Stage Settings") on this board in the past week, and it's a blast. There are even some organ Stage Settings that use some of the sliders as "drawbars."

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe, that would be great. The pianos have been well showcased, so I'm just interested in some of the other sounds under the hood. Fancy playing not required my friend. Don

Ops, mis-read your post.LOL No problem. D

Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

Joe, that would be great. The pianos have been well showcased, so I'm just interested in some of the other sounds under the hood. Fancy playing not required my friend. Don

Ops, mis-read your post.LOL No problem. D

Maybe you missed this one :-), done with PX-5S by Mike Martin:

And check the rest of the samples at the casiomusicgear soundcloud page.

Don't forget the programmability of this keyboard. I've seem Mike do some seriously cool things with it. If a sound is borderline for you today, chances are you or someone else will be able to tweak it into something you do like.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've been having an uphill battle staying away from this thing since it showed up yesterday morning! Never mind the other sounds, the quality of the APs and feel of the keyboard alone IMO make it a CRAZY deal for the $$$, and THEN it does the other stuff.....Never thought I would seriously buy a Casio, but this is an awesome instrument!

Don't forget the programmability of this keyboard. I've seem Mike do some seriously cool things with it. If a sound is borderline for you today, chances are you or someone else will be able to tweak it into something you do like.

Can you make it sound like the Triple Strike? :D

Can you make it sound like the Triple Strike? :D

If anyone can, you know who could, right? ;)

I've been having an uphill battle staying away from this thing since it showed up yesterday morning! Never mind the other sounds, the quality of the APs and feel of the keyboard alone IMO make it a CRAZY deal for the $$$, and THEN it does the other stuff.....Never thought I would seriously buy a Casio, but this is an awesome instrument!
:thu:

Kenekahuna,thanks for posting the link for "on the run". I had checked that out before. I originally mentioned "brass & organ", thinking in terms of general sounds you might use on a gig. The pianos and strings sound excellent, just curious about some of the others.Don
Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

I'm an American living in Japan at the moment. I can order one from a local store, but can't try it first. Will there be an differences between the U.S. version and Japanese version.

This board sounds great and I can't wait to get one.

thanks

I'd bet the only possible difference would be the Stage Settings it comes with, and I'm sure you could load those if it turns out they are different.

Hmmmm... haven't been following this thread enough to ask one basic question.

Is the acoustic piano sample/ model or whatever it is the same on the PX-5S the same as the PX 350?

I did hear the Rhodes sample and some layerd sounds at NAMM show and they sounded very nice. I am still rooting for Casio to come up with the goods here, you gotta love the price and weight and their committment to communicate with us.

I loved it when Mike asked us for organ drawbar settings on this forum. Casio also has the goods to come up with some drawbar organs we can use. I have a WK 3000 and I get a real good lower manual organ tone out of it with plenty of bass. So I know they can do organs.

So , how different or similar is this going to be to the PX 350 would be my main question.

Hmmmm... haven't been following this thread enough to ask one basic question.

Is the acoustic piano sample/ model or whatever it is the same on the PX-5S the same as the PX 350?

I did hear the Rhodes sample and some layerd sounds at NAMM show and they sounded very nice. I am still rooting for Casio to come up with the goods here, you gotta love the price and weight and their committment to communicate with us.

I loved it when Mike asked us for organ drawbar settings on this forum. Casio also has the goods to come up with some drawbar organs we can use. I have a WK 3000 and I get a real good lower manual organ tone out of it with plenty of bass. So I know they can do organs.

So , how different or similar is this going to be to the PX 350 would be my main question.

It has the same pianos as the PX-350 but on the PX-5S you have more control over shaping the sound (attack, resonance, EQ, etc.) to your taste.

You say you're waiting for Casio to come up with the goods, compared to what? At Casio's price point they have been giving the goods for some time now.

If you focus on what an instrument can't do, you are bound to be disappointed...looking at what this new Casio board CAN do is quite amazing. YMMV.

"Fluffy" Baby!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Did he just call that piano sound "fluffy"? :D

Ha! Yeah. First time I've heard that one. Then again, I guess adjectives like warm, bright, tinny, phat, ballsy, probably seemed pretty silly when people first started using them in this context.

--Sean H.

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg TR76, Novation X-Station 61, Casio PX-320

[video:youtube]

Watched part 2 and 3 too.

Excellent !

EUR 999.- street price is unbeatable and it sounds killer.

256 voices makes it a no brainer for me.

The left hand controls are so good I now give a s##t on the missing expression pedal input.

Worth to buy a iPad IMO.

Can´t wait to touch the PX5S.

A.C.

That was a great demo. That guy is hilarious.

Sounds great! And from looking at the specs, tons of space for user creations.

One question: Is that the software editor on the big monitor? Is there definitely going to be a software editor?

To Steve LeBlanc

I said I was ROOTING for Casio to come up with the goods. And waiting I suppose.

Actually,the PX 350 didn't do it for me. So as far as competition for it, I would have to say that Yamaha would still give it a run for its money in that price point. I actually like the sound of the P95 at the 450 dollar price point it is at now.

Archived