Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Fantasy Football 2012-2013!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I need a mechanism explained to me. I never played fantasy football, so newbie question alert.

when one (or more) of my players is on a bye, I assume I replace him with a BN player for that day - but what do I do about QB? Do I need to cut one of my BN players and look for a free-agent QB for the bye week?

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Yep, pick up a scrub or go without a QB. Everyone else gets in the same boat at some time, so players circulate a bit.
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Yep, pick up a scrub or go without a QB. Everyone else gets in the same boat at some time, so players circulate a bit.

Yup. I picked up Big Ben when someone dropped him on a bye week last year - definitely helped me win my division.

The matchup is the key. There will be decent QBs available for your QB's bye week. It's largely about who they're playing the week you want to use them. Colts opponents were key last year.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Right now I (BEAST) am undefeated! ;-)

Bad news, dude. As if his off-field problems weren't bad enough, Dez Bryant limped off the field in practice today, and went straight to have an MRI on his knee.

Of course, you're not as bad off as Ouizel - both his starting RB's are injured right now, with Roy Helu talking about "both Achilles are sore" - doesn't bode well...

Just did an auction draft in another league. First time I've done that. I like that a LOT more than the snake draft - takes the element of chance/luck of the draw out of the equation, and adds a whole new dimension of strategy in terms of how you sound your allotted budget. Makes it much easier for you to get the players you want, too....

We should definitely do it that way next year. :thu:

dB

I like the idea of an auction, but a few of us auto-drafted because of time constraints....if you can sort that, I would be for it...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the RB thing sucks.

Questionable/limited play RBs for Week 1:

A. Foster, M. Lynch, A. Peterson, MJD, R. Mendenhall, T. Richardson, J. Stewart

No idea who's the lead RB - if there even is one:

Washington, NE, Pittsburgh, NO

Already injured:

Ryan Mathews (collarbone)

Still injured:

Brandon Jacobs, Jahvid Best

Holding your breath every time he runs the ball hoping he doesn't get injured (again):

D. McFadden, J. Charles, F. Jackson, A Bradshaw

...and the season hasn't even really started yet... :rolleyes::idk::facepalm:

dB

Now that was an odd day of FF.

Seriously let down by WRs this week - not just mine, but one in particular that my QB was throwing to Wednesday evening.....and the one WR I had that was on fire (Garcon) went out of the game almost immediately with what I hope is only a minor foot injury.... :rolleyes::facepalm:

dB

Good stuff.

Always a mix of some skill and luck of the draw. The team I beat (Spidermen) scored 97 and still lost....that would have been a win against nearly half the teams. 90+ is almost always good for a win.

Week 1 is the easy week...very few injuries and no byes.

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

OK look I am trying to take this Fantasy Stuff seriously, But everyone speaks of "waivers" and I can't even find where, on the site, untaken players are listed. I might actually choose to replace the three players I have who aren't playing yet if I could find this. I might choose Ramses Barden for pete's sake...This is my first fantasy experience and I only did it because of a personal request, but I don't want to be a TOTAL lame duck GM...too late for that.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Folks, I deeply apologize to all of you that my autodrafted FF team, BEAST, won this week.

Funny - my autodrafted team on NFL.com beat all the others, too....hmmmmm...

OK look I am trying to take this Fantasy Stuff seriously, But everyone speaks of "waivers" and I can't even find where, on the site, untaken players are listed. I might actually choose to replace the three players I have who aren't playing yet if I could find this. I might choose Ramses Barden for pete's sake...This is my first fantasy experience and I only did it because of a personal request, but I don't want to be a TOTAL lame duck GM...too late for that.

Click on PLAYERS in the red menu bar. You can see the players there, in whatever configuration you want (all, RBs, WRs...who's taken, who's available, etc).

For two days after the games, all players go on the waiver wire so no one has an advantage in the middle of the games. Right now, they're all on waivers, but your pick will be stored, and processed Wednesday morning. After that, they're all free agents until their team plays that week. In some leagues, the waiver priority rotates by taking turns...but in our league, I set waiver priority to be determined by who is doing the worst. Seems like more fun to me that way....

dB

• 3 weeks later...

What a pitiful week for the Rabid Cats. First, what is it with me and kickers? Mine is injured and missed the game but he was not listed as injured last night when I set my lineups. Clicked the wrong buttin and accently dropped one of my good players. (Why is it that the older you get the more things like this happens?) His replacement got me a big 0.8 points. Three players combine for less than 5.

OK. I can come out of this. I need Eli and the Chicago defense to combine for 25 points or so. (Depending on how the mid-day games end.)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived