Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Fantasy Football 2012-2013!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I am not able to do the draft time tomorrow. I suppose this rules me out? Unfortunate, but I have an afternoon gig and will need to be traveling to it at the appointed time.

I haven't checked it out yet, but you *might* be able to pre-load your draft picks and have the draft automatically pick the next available during your time..

This is my understanding. Given that it is 0400 in the morning for me, I will let the computer do my drafting....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Hey guys, I am not able to do the draft time tomorrow. I suppose this rules me out? Unfortunate, but I have an afternoon gig and will need to be traveling to it at the appointed time.

I haven't checked it out yet, but you *might* be able to pre-load your draft picks and have the draft automatically pick the next available during your time..

This is my understanding. Given that it is 0400 in the morning for me, I will let the computer do my drafting....

I am doing a practice draft now with a pre-set list of players. It goes like this: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DST, Bn, Bn, BN, BN, BN, BN

I rpre-loaded every position with candidates, and it is picking the top available candidate off of every position.

I assume our draft will be simular, except for a different starting team configuration.

So the draft order for me is: QB, WR, WR, DST, K, RB, RB, WR, TE, Bench1 = QB, BN2=RB,etc.....

Worked well.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the live draft tomorrow. I'm not really familiar with how Yahoo works. Is there a way to set which position to draft in each round for auto-draft? For example, if I want to draft a RB in the first round, QB in the second round, WR in the third, etc. I know you can set the draft order by position on ESPN, but I'm not seeing it here, just an overall player ranking list.

I think you can default to the autodraft, so you would get the best available player per position.

I think that's right. This is based on preset draft rankings.

I believe you can preset this. DB?

They can do it based in either their preset draft ranking, or pre-draft rankings you set up in advance. Goto the DRAFT CENTRAL page of the Fantasy site to choose this option.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I just did a mock draft in auto draft mode. Here's who I got:

1. Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)

2. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)

3. Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

4. Marques Colston (NO - WR)

5. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

6. Robert Griffin III (Was - QB)

7. Darrius Heyward-Bey (Oak - WR)

8. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

9. Neil Rackers (Was - K)

10. Michael Bush (Chi - RB)

11. Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)

12. Titus Young (Det - WR)

13. Mark Sanchez (NYJ - QB)

14. Heath Miller (Pit - TE)

15. Tennessee (Ten - DEF)

Not a bad draw at all. Looks like it just went from the top of the list each round unless the position was already filled on my team, in which case it went for the best player at the next available position, probably following the order Forcey listed them in.

dB

Your QB position is extremely high-risk, but otherwise it's not half bad.

Agreed.

I'm not sure RGIII is extremely high risk, though. He's got a good coach, good support at the skill positions...and some mad skills. I wish I had been smart enough to see Cam Newton coming last year....could he or Luck have that potential? I think they both might... :idk:

I might be inclined to take those two over Sanchez, Palmer and quite a few other QBs with more experience. Question is - if you had to take Griffin or Luck, which would you go with? Griffin is rated a lot higher than Luck - not sure that's warranted.

dB

Griffin is rated a lot higher for fantasy potential because the Skins are in a lot better shape than the Colts.

(Really, really weird reading myself typing that...)

That said, Luck is going to be throwing a TON this year, because his defense stinks, and they're perpetually going to be playing from behind. If he doesn't get killed with that O-line in shambles the way it is, he could put up some pretty ridiculous numbers.

Griffin is rated a lot higher for fantasy potential because the Skins are in a lot better shape than the Colts.

Y'see - I'm not so sure that's true, especially from an FF POV. I might be inclined to take Donald Brown before either Hightower or Royster....or Reggie Wayne before Pierre Garcon....or Austin Collie over Santana Moss....

The Colts were demoralized last year. All that happened was that Peyton went down...but he was their heart and soul. And then there was Orlovsky... :facepalm:

I think Indy is going to surprise some people this year.

dB

Autopick Draft Details

Description

This article explains how Autopick drafts work, and tells you some of their limitations.

Resolution

Please note: the Auction Draft format is specifically designed for live drafts. The "autopick" functionality was only added to ensure drafts are completed at their scheduled times. The draft strategy involved in Auction formats is not autopick friendly, as we must include limits on what we allow the system to bid for each player. With this hard limit in place, it is very difficult for an autopick team to obtain top quality players, as managers that are live drafting will typically out bid the hard maximum that is in place.

When you're unable to draft players for yourself, Yahoo! autopick will make intelligent choices for you. This happens when you sign up for an Autopick League or if you aren't present for all or part of your Live Draft.

Heres how the Autopick draft works

The aut-pick system first selects the highest-rated available player that can fill one of the open starting positions on your roster. It then determines the appropriate bench positions and fills them. All player selections are based first on your pre-rankings and then on Yahoo!s default rankings.

Active and Bench Picks

It's important to remember that all starting positions are filled before any bench players are chosen. The system determines a maximum number of players to draft per position (starters plus bench) so that your roster doesnt end up with too many players at any single position. That is, the system doesnt pick five players from the same position for your team in a league that has a single starting player in that position.

Pre-Ranking Players

Regardless of your league type, it's a good idea for all managers to pre-rank players in case they miss any part of the draft.

There are several ways to open the page for pre-ranking players:

From your team page, click Pre-Draft Player Rankings.

From the "My Team" section, Roster page, click Pre-Draft Player Rankings.

From "Draft Central", select Edit My Rankings

Also, if you join a Public Autopick league, you might end up being placed in a live draft league in need of players. If this happens, your team is still auto picked.

If you're there at the beginning of the actual draft, there's a button on the draft window that lets you engage Auto pick. That'd be ideal - then we don't have to wait 1:30 every time it's your turn. Otherwise, I think all you have to do is not be there, and it'll automatically pick for you based on your rankings if you have them; otherwise, it just goes with the best available pick by open position.

Good luck, gentlemen!

dB

I apologize for not being able to be there to engage the auto-pick. Good luck! I look forward to playing the hand I am dealt...

No worries. It's really hard not to end up with a pretty good team with 12 guys drafting for 15 positions each - there's a LOT of talent in the NFL. Heck, we can each take two QBs, and that'll still leave 8 starters undrafted.

I came in second in a league last year where I auto-drafted a team - got some good guys and made a few good trades....and the injury thing will certainly mess with us as the season goes on.

BTW - if you have a smart phone, there's a Yahooi FF app. Maybe that'll let you monitor/join the draft while you're not home...and there's always your phone's browser, of course...

dB

Ha, wouldn't be sandbagging me now would ya?

Not at all. I enjoy the competition, and am very friendly about it. Sly psychological tactics ain't my style....especially not in a free league. ;)

Besides - I'm totally taking chances on this team with players like Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Shane Vereen, etc. How much sandbagging could I do? :idk:

My tactic against you is pretty straightforward - I'm starting two out of three of your QB's main receiving targets. :poke::)

dB

Admittedly, there were some things that almost worked out perfectly for me, and has resulted in my team being extremely high-risk. I could go off, or I could crash and burn.

Isn't that half the fun? :idea::D

No $, no real risk. Enjoy the ride, brother. :cool:

dB

I'm totally taking chances on this team with players like Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Shane Vereen, etc.

...and, of course, Mr. Collie apparently sustained yet another in a series of career concussions in his first attempt at a catch this evening... :facepalm:

dB

Ha, wouldn't be sandbagging me now would ya?

Not at all. I enjoy the competition, and am very friendly about it. Sly psychological tactics ain't my style....especially not in a free league. ;)

Besides - I'm totally taking chances on this team with players like Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Shane Vereen, etc. How much sandbagging could I do? :idk:

My tactic against you is pretty straightforward - I'm starting two out of three of your QB's main receiving targets. :poke::)

dB

I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with Mr. dB and that cat needn't sandbag anybody--his sheer energy and intimidating presence steamrolls you! ;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I just noticed Yahoo claims I had the best draft, I win, I win!

I'll ring up a big 58 in week 1 now, lol.

Where does it judge your draft? I dont know a few of my players, so I would be curious to see how the computer judged my result.....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Archived