Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Nord C20

dazzjazz

All I know is that there had better not be an external power supply, or there will be hell to pay!!!!

:poke:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if they're selling to a lot of churches, but they clearly are trying to. It will be interesting to see if they organize their page for the C2D similarly.

If they were really serious about selling to churches, they would put out a version of the C2 that isn't red. I like the red, but I can't see most churches going for it.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

The C2D isn't red.

(I don't think red-stained wood end caps count as "too red.")

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The C2D isn't red.

(I don't think red-stained wood end caps count as "too red.")

Yeah, you're right. I had not looked at the color on the new version very closely; it is much more muted. I was thinking of the color of the original C2. Perhaps this is an effort to make it more viable in a church setting.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I don't know if they're selling to a lot of churches, but they clearly are trying to. It will be interesting to see if they organize their page for the C2D similarly.

If they were really serious about selling to churches, they would put out a version of the C2 that isn't red. I like the red, but I can't see most churches going for it.

Nord does good work...the work of the DEVIL!!!! Muahahahaaa

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

Nord does good work...the work of the DEVIL!!!! Muahahahaaa

But it's OK... All their stuff is hand-made in Sweden. ;)

Oooh... Oooh, they just updated THEIR WEBSITE with all the details of their new stuff (hand-made in Sweden)!

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

yeah sorry about that - it was hard to see in the first picture they released.

Darren

Oh, it was an honest mistake (I still have a hard time seeing it as a D, and I know what the correct name is! ;) ). Just hoping an admin can make the change, if you aren't able to edit your original post (you might want to try that first :thu:).

If it's not at the bottom left, to the left of "Reply," "Quote," "Quick Reply," etc., then I guess you're out of luck.

You could try contacting dB or the mods.

Go up to your original post, then hit "edit". You should be able to edit the name at that point.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Go up to your original post, then hit "edit". You should be able to edit the name at that point.

After a period of time, the EDIT option goes away.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I thought he was the Kurzweil guy. He looks like he has lost some weight. Good for him.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hmmm.. Far too much talking and not enough playing.

Can't make a real judgement from the audio on that video but I still hear a very "nordish" leslie and didn't hear a radical change in the key click. An improved C/V would be welcome but they haven't done this.

I reckon this is going to be at least $3499 in which case I'll be strongly favouring getting a Mojo instead.

No edit button guys - oh well. Future generations will wax lyrical about a rare version of the Nord combo organ that never saw the light of day...

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

First video. As usual, too much talkee, too little playee.

Kind of funny that he says the Leslie rotary effect is "modeled loosely after a 122." I'm not sure the Nord really wants it presented so modestly...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hmmm.. Far too much talking and not enough playing.

Can't make a real judgement from the audio on that video but I still hear a very "nordish" leslie and didn't hear a radical change in the key click. An improved C/V would be welcome but they haven't done this.

Fixed.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I thought he was the Kurzweil guy.
He works for American Music and Sound, they distribute Nord, Kurz, Studiologic, Novation, and others.

I think his statement of the C2D weighing "30lbs" is rounding it down. The Mojo, SK2, and C2 all weigh around 34-35 lbs, I doubt this will be that much less.

Since the C2 is staying in the line-up, this will cost more. The questions are how much more, and will the C2 go down in price. The C2, SK2, and Mojo are all pretty close in price.

Speaking of which, Ocean Beach better find something else to do!

Oh, I don't think you're quite rid of me just yet. :)

BTW, if anyone wants to see the DB-1, there is one one display at the Hamilton Metalcraft booth (5975) and if you want to play one, PM me. I have a couple Nords set up with DB-1s at the Hilton next door.

Dave

Hmmm... At 1:00 the Leslie sounds a little squirley.... And the high end is certainly wimpy... That high C certainly is not cutting through...

But this is from a camera mike, so who knows,,,,,

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

One of the AM&S guys in the booth said the sound system they got for the demo is inadequate. They requested a subwoofer and didn't get one, so the whole thing is a bit thin sounding. I hope to get a better look/listen tomorrow or Saturday.

btw, I think the layout is more efficient and less confusing than the SK2. My opinion only.

One of the AM&S guys in the booth said the sound system they got for the demo is inadequate.

Interesting..... A company spends thousands of dollars displaying their products at NAMM and they were not prepared to demo their products with a good sound system?

By stark contrast, Dr. Lonnie Smith was playing the SK2 at the Hammond booth through a Leslie 21 system - both halves. Incredibly bass heavy and muddy sounding. Someone needs to tweak the EQ. Does not do Dr. Lonnie any justice (who sounded monster, by the way, despite the sound system issues.

For what it's worth, Scott May is one of the Hammond booth personnel. No further comment.

Archived