Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: This isn't funny anymore. feeling earthquakes in Texas

EscapeRocks

Okay, another earthquake near Oklahoma city felt down here in north Texas. Add to that the tornado watch we're under. Seriously. WTF is going on??

Having lived in NorCal for a awhile the earth moving was nothing, still... enough already! :)

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mad:

A peeve of mine is when news media says there is some disaster happening in "Southern California" when they mean near LA. My college roommate lives near SD and his mom is always calling him but it's nowhere near him.

Texas is a big state.

Still, I hope you are well. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

IS this OT? I was on East Coast during the horrid fires in San Diego County ( also in LA COunty but not nearly as severe- the STORY was San Diego NOT LA County and the two are 100 miles apart, give or take )

SO i am watching the news sweating that the rented house I had in San Diego was going to burn up ( It came "THIS CLOSE" to burning down- for miles and miles the road I lived on was all blackened , a nasty tragedy )

the frustrating, inaccurate, sensationalistic, scum*** media kept ignoring the county of San Diego, and kept reporting Los Angeles. It drove me crazy.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

We got OT from the OT which was OT from the forum. :)

It's maddening when they generalize to the point of misinformation. Heck, Houston is big enough that stories that say something that happened in Houston might not be anywhere near me.

If you've ever lived in a state near the Canadian border and follow weather like I do, you'll know how annoying TV weather can be. Part of predicting the weather involves watching it move across. But weather reporters only show the U.S. so you can't see the temps or precip in Canada, even though it's coming your way.

Dave, felt anymore quakes up there? Are they any bigger than a rumble?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

IS this OT? I was on East Coast during the horrid fires in San Diego County ( also in LA COunty but not nearly as severe- the STORY was San Diego NOT LA County and the two are 100 miles apart, give or take )

SO i am watching the news sweating that the rented house I had in San Diego was going to burn up ( It came "THIS CLOSE" to burning down- for miles and miles the road I lived on was all blackened , a nasty tragedy )

the frustrating, inaccurate, sensationalistic, scum*** media kept ignoring the county of San Diego, and kept reporting Los Angeles. It drove me crazy.

San Diego... Hmm... Isn't that somewhere just north of Ensenada?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I'm in San Diego...Eastlake area....when those fires were blazing it was "snowing" red hot ashes over us....Really bizarre at night.

San Diego... Hmm... Isn't that somewhere just north of Ensenada?

Yaa off the coast of Tangiers border

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Archived